Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNphpBB importer beta testing notes

Jerry,
    Thanks for putting together that importer for PNphpBB. I'll post my notes here instead of bombing you with PMs.

Thanks, makes my life eaiser and the other PNphpBB users can see what is going on.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Diffs

Well, I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, but maybe I'll see if it'll let me attach a diff. If not maybe a BBCODE code section will have to do.

So far:

+ fixed assorted typos
      + 000: wrote 2 functions to retrieve usernames/data/topics based on a post id
      + 003 User: imported the TimeZone offset
      + 003 User: filled in last-visit using last-activity field
      + 004 Forum: used new functions to fill in last topic, time and poster
      + 004 Forum: set daysprune to -1 (show all posts) instead of last 30
      + 005 Threads: used new functions to fill in latest poster and time
      + 005 Threads: import sticky and announcements as sticky

notes:
      I know vB has announcements, but Im not entirely sure that phpBB announcements map well into the timed vB announcements, so I just mapped em into stickies.

Daysprune forums - manually setting all my forums to 'all posts' vs 'last 30 days' was annoying. But the changes required changing a hard-coded value in ImpExDatabase.php. I couldnt change the 'daysprune' in my scripts when the master function was hard coding the parameter.

I wanna write a 'rank to Custom Titles' mapper, but didnt get to it.

ps: the diff was taken against the contents of the systems/PNphpBB directory, the one with the 000.php-009.php files.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks intresting, will go through it. A few of the things I leave to the vBulletin board default opposed to import or let the update counters take care of, so it forces users to do it.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Doing more hacking on these scripts

added 010.php ranks - Import PNphpBB ranks to User Ranks, dont make groups
          added 011.php groups - Import PNphpBB user groups and put users in them

I've attached a .zip (rooted at impex/) with the replacement files. It'll be easier for you to dump those on top of a fresh CVS checkout and do a diff than it would be for me to actually post the diff. Tho I can just post diffs if you'd rather.

Still working on why my PM's get duplicated during import. After I figure that out, i think Im done messing around with ImpEx.
          Last edited by Zachery; Sat 27 Nov '04, 3:12pm.

Comment

As per the license agreement it is illegal to distrabute whole files, You are welcome to send these changes to Jerry so that he can review them or you can provide the steps to change the files.

You would be best off posting the latter on vBulletin.org

Just so you know ranks can only be applied to all usergroups or one usergroup users cannot have multiple groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              As per the license agreement it is illegal to distrabute whole files, You are welcome to send these changes to Jerry so that he can review them or you can provide the steps to change the files.
              Oops. Sorry, thought these forums were restricted to licenced users only. I'll post diffs or send jerry my beta notes

Originally posted by Zachery
              Just so you know ranks can only be applied to all usergroups or one usergroup; users cannot have multiple groups.
              VB Usergroups are a cleaner concept than phpBB groups.

phpBB Ranks --- VB User Ranks on 'all users' usergroup
              phpBB groups --- VB Usergroups

The phpBB impex code I used was treating each phpBB User Rank as a new VB Usergroup, which didnt quite capture the intention of the User Ranks. My changes were to treat each phpBB User Rank as a VB UserRank for the 'all users' category.

Then I created VB Usergroups based on the PNphpBB usergroups and populate the new groups with the appropriate users.

Thanks for pointing out that i was bit unclear on the problem i was trying to solve, much less my solution.

Comment

I think Im finally happy with my importer changes.

I've sent a PM to Jerry to hopefully get my changes back into the beta converter, assuming he approves them

Comment

Yup all looking good, haven't forgotton about them.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X