Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error while importing

I got this error while test importing from UBBT 6.4:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 112 bytes) in /home/bla/bla/bla.com/blaforums/impex/ImpExData.php(209) : runtime-created function on line 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas?
    Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

Lower the amount of what ever it is you are doing per page.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

(posts) OK. the default was 2,000 I will lower that to 500, do I have to start completly over again? Nothing happens when I click on the Import/Export link.

Comment

You will have to re-start that module yes.

If it isn't responding the session might be corrupt. Does it display the links at the top of the page to "database clean" ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Does it display the links at the top of the page to "database clean" ?
          Yep, those links are there.

Comment

Click on the Database clean up and restart, and clear all the imported data and session and start again, set it to 500 per page for starters.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Will do, thanks.

Comment

Me too

I get the same error - even when its set to 500. Is this due to a system level variable?

Comment

Its the memory limit being hit when creating Lambda functions.

The best way around it for the moment is to edit ImpExData.php

line 182 : function is_valid()

make the function return true so the error checking function isn't created, so :

Code:
                  function is_valid()
                  {
                  	return true;
                  	// If any of the madatory values are null return false.
                  This is something I am working on at the moment as the memory managment is an issue.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Actually, I found another way around it. I edited the php.ini file to increase the memory limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Fischman
                      Actually, I found another way around it. I edited the php.ini file to increase the memory limit.
                      Well that is the best way, though I am looking at how to use a more efficent way of error checking the data as lambda does eat memory.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This is why we advise testing and not taking down the live site, and yes I know it can be a pain on a board that big.

Did you edit ImpExData.php or up the memory limit ?

I've also just taken out some referencing in the post import module that should help with using less memory, that should help out as well. I've updated the download in the members area.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                          This is why we advise testing and not taking down the live site, and yes I know it can be a pain on a board that big.

Did you edit ImpExData.php or up the memory limit ?

I've also just taken out some referencing in the post import module that should help with using less memory, that should help out as well. I've updated the download in the members area.
                          I was importing to a test forum, but I thought I have to keep my current forum closed so the source db does not get accessed during the Import, is that correct?
                          The problem I see with the import is that it takes about 20-30 sec to access my source database and only about 4 sec to import 500 posts, it was importing about 60,000 posts per hour, a long time to get 1 million posts moved over.
                          Does this sound normal?

Comment

Originally posted by coloradok5
                            I was importing to a test forum, but I thought I have to keep my current forum closed so the source db does not get accessed during the Import, is that correct?
                            The problem I see with the import is that it takes about 20-30 sec to access my source database and only about 4 sec to import 500 posts, it was importing about 60,000 posts per hour, a long time to get 1 million posts moved over.
                            Does this sound normal?
                            20-30 to access the source is a bit mad, though I've tried to tune the ubb.t importer a bit to help with that.

Nope, you can leave the source board open, ImpEx will only ever read from it.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                              20-30 to access the source is a bit mad, though I've tried to tune the ubb.t importer a bit to help with that.

Nope, you can leave the source board open, ImpEx will only ever read from it.
                              OK, I could have sworn that it was a bad thing to leave the source forum open because people would be making posts etc.?

So what files do I need to reupload? Also should I continue to use 500 posts at a time to import?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X