Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB 1.3 > vB 3.0.3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IPB 1.3 > vB 3.0.3

    I've desided to move from IPB 1.3 to vBulletin. The thing is when i start importing users, the usernames in russian import in non-cyrillic characters. how can i fix that?

  • #2
    Can you give an example?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Exactly like this:

      28.26% :: Àë¸íà

      Comment


      • #4
        This one is beyond me. I'm afraid you may need to wait for Jerry to help you with this. Sorry.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          OK, thanks, i will wait for him

          Comment


          • #6
            Anyway, i think i figured a way to do the convertion. I converted from IPB to vB 2.3.5 first, and it converted everything correctly. And now i'll try to convert from 2.3.5 to vB3.0.3 and everything should be ok!

            Comment


            • #7
              Accually the upgrade from vb2 to vb3 didn't give any positive results. The rusian language is all messed up in vB3 but in vB2 everything was ok...

              is there a way to solve this?

              Comment


              • #8
                The only time the post content is altered is when its parsed for HTML, to remove that. Its line 135 of file systems/ipb/008.php.

                Code:
                $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'pagetext', 	 $this->html_2_bb($this->ipb_html($post['post'])));
                Change it to :

                Code:
                $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'pagetext', $post['post']);
                Then the exact content of the post is imported, though it might contain HTML.
                I wrote ImpEx.

                Blog | Me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hummm. Would that also work for Japanese characters?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well all it does it remove the parsing of the content, so what's in the source will be in the target, exactly.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

                    Blog | Me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That is very good!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks, everything worked

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Heo13
                          Thanks, everything worked
                          Hoora
                          I wrote ImpEx.

                          Blog | Me

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X