Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After import - admin problems

Hey,

I ported phpBB to vbulletin and everything seemed to go fine after a few attempts.

The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is the user account for myself - the admin account.

When I installed the forums I set up my admin name as the same admin name from my old phpbb forums.

So, when I imported all the users it renamed my phpbb admin name to imported_myusername.

I tried to fix this by going in to the vb_user table and deleting the account that I set up when I instaled vbulletin and changed the id number from the imported phpbb admin account to 1.

That worked and I can login (to the forums and admin control panel) as my old login from phpbb but all of my posts show up as imported_username. So I went to try and fix this by going to the vb_post table and started changing all of the posts by imported_myusername to myusername but it doesn't seem to be working: It will show the correct number of posts that I have posted but when I search for "all posts by myusername" it comes up with nothing.

Should I just drop all the posts, users, forums and threads in the database and reimport everything keeping the vb_user table blank?

I think the best practice for such situation is :
    1. Install a fresh copy of VB with a NEW and UNIQUE username for admin with a strong password.
    2. Import your old forum.
    3. Correct the profile of your old admin's profile (assign rights, protect etc).

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn2404
        So, when I imported all the users it renamed my phpbb admin name to imported_myusername.

I tried to fix this by going in to the vb_user table and deleting the account that I set up when I instaled vbulletin and changed the id number from the imported phpbb admin account to 1.
        ImpEx does this so you know which admin use is the original and which is the imported one, also if there are duplicated name it will do this to protect the uniqueness of the usernames.

Use the admincp to merge the users after the import and don't directly edit the user table.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X