Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Well I would need to see the database schema, though I would guess that the user import would be very simple.

Requests for custom coding etc are usally made at www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Basically I'd just want to dump all of the news into a forum as threads, and create an account for each of our registered users. What would you suggest as a solution?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Well you would have to understand how you would want the data organised into a forum structure to be able to import it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    pmachine *does* have a forum built in, but I don't use it because, quite-frankly, it's a piece of crap and that's why I want to move everything to vB. Everything is stored in MySQL, so the information is definitely available... just not sure what form it's in.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    It would all depend on how the information is stored in the first place, then the organization of it in relation to users.

If pmachine uses a forum structure then it may be possible, though if it is just a content engine then it would be harder.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic importing pmachine to vB?

importing pmachine to vB?

I've got a small news site running off pmachine right now and I want to import all of the articles to a forum and the registered users to vBulletin. Anyone got an importer or is this going to be a huge pain to accomplish?

- smash
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X