PHPBB -> VB3 - Guest users importing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB -> VB3 - Guest users importing problem

When I import PHPBB to VB3, all messages which were posted by Guest users, under their Guest nicknames, are associated to an new registered username 'Anonymous'.

Now it looks like 'Anonymous' has talked with himself on about 200.000 posts!

Can you make Impex to leave 'Guest' users posts intact and not to associate to 'Anonymous'.

If there is no userid associated with a post there is no way of linking it to a user.

Unless there is a username, though if its a guest post then isn't it just that ? i.e. not associated with a user ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
      Unless there is a username, though if its a guest post then isn't it just that ? i.e. not associated with a user ?
      That's what I would like to be, just a Guest post with Guest nickname showed, without linking to any username, right now, all guests are imported into one user named Anonymous.

Comment

Ok, find out what the userid of the Anonymous user is.

Then update all posts with the userid that matches the Anonymous_user_id and set them to 0.

If vBulletin finds a post with userid 0, it treats it as a guest post.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok,

PHPBB sets poster_id '-1', and VB to '0', so I have changed poster_id to '0' in my PHPBB Dbase before running Impex.

After running Impex all that posts are marked as Guest posts, but Impex didn't import their usernames into 'username' (VB) field, from post_username (PHPBB) field.

What to do now?

Comment

The phpBB importer gets the username from the poster_id for that post, so the username will be set to what ever that is.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
              The phpBB importer gets the username from the poster_id for that post, so the username will be set to what ever that is.
              I understand, and that's why I'm wondering why didn't he done that.
              He just leaved empty 'poster_id'.

Comment

Originally posted by fowler
                I understand, and that's why I'm wondering why didn't he done that.
                He just leaved empty 'poster_id'.
                I'm sorry I don't understand what you have written or mean, can you explain.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I can explain, what I was meaning is, that I understand what you are saying, but don't understand why it doesn't work.

I have looked up into Impex, and I didn't saw how Impex gets Guest username from
                  'post_username'. Actually he collects usernames by user_id's and then associate them to posts by ID's which means 'poster_useraname' isn't simply copied into 'username'.

-----
                  $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username', $user_names[$post['poster_id']]);
                  -----

You should make here, if poster_id = 0, to simply copy value from 'poster_username' (phpb) and put into 'username' (vb).

Comment

I understand what you mean now.

I have added this code which will do what you want I belive :

Code:
                    if($post['poster_id'] <= 0)
                    {
                        $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username', $post['post_username']);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username', $user_names["$post[poster_id]"]);
                    }
                    I had to use <= 0 due to variations in phpBB boards.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

That's it Jerry, thank you.

Tomorrow we continue with other problems ))

Comment