Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Import Avatars From phpBB into vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    phpBB avatars are imported either from the local drive, so a full and correct path is needed or a URL. You have the option to import them or not on the user import module.

Leave a comment:

• Khashyar
    replied
    Hi guys...

Although my users successfully were imported from phpbb 2.0.6 to VB 3.0.7, no avatars were imported.

There IS a customavatar folder in the MySQL DB, but there is nothing stored there.

Did anyone else successfully import avatars?

Thanks,

Khashyar

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The have custom titles that identifies what group there are in, in their user profile ?

If its been imported into user.usertitle then the users can be sorted on that.

Leave a comment:

• sunnycher
    replied
    That helped a lot Jerry! Thanks! Now I just need to seperate them by their titles that "I" created on my previous board.
    Is there an easier way to do that? I imported all Imported users over to Registered users. Some are paid members, some are not.

Leave a comment:

• sunnycher
    replied
    Thanks Jerry! I'll go try that

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnycher
    Ok, in checking, it did put 2 in.
    but not the rest and for that matter, I can't get all my imported members to show up on my memberlist LOL
    Then if two are there either they were hosted remotely or the avatar path was wrong ?

Move the users from the imported group into the registered group to check the memberslist.

Leave a comment:

• sunnycher
    replied
    PHPMyAdmin, is that something I need to download? I don't recall d/ling it unless it came with the VB download I did Wed.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sunnycher
    replied
    Ok, in checking, it did put 2 in.
    but not the rest and for that matter, I can't get all my imported members to show up on my memberlist LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    customavatar is a table within the vBulletin database, do you have phpMyAdmin ?

That would show if there are any in there at all to start with.

Leave a comment:

• sunnycher
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    The size dosn't effect the avatar import, impex assume if you are ok with them in the old board you will be ok with them in the new board.

Are there a number of entries in the customavatar table that is the same as the number of avatars that should be imported ? or is the table empty ?
    Jerry,
    Where do you find this? I have searched high and low. I got my avatars to come over (phpbb2 to new VB (which I love btw) but they don't show up on my imported members.

TIA!
    Cher

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I would need to see the database to see how the path to the avatars are stored, I've caught 3 diffrent ways, there must be another one now.

Leave a comment:

• detalhe
    replied
    No avatars here either :S

Leave a comment:

• UnknownServices
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    What version are you comming over from ?
    Coming from phpBB 2.0.10 ( but database says .11 b/c of something our host did :P)

Leave a comment:

• wfp
    replied
    So How To Fix This Bug?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by UnknownServices
    I have the same issue as lifanovsky, do you have a solution?
    What version are you comming over from ?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X