Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Import Avatars From phpBB into vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customavatar is a table within the vBulletin database, do you have phpMyAdmin ?

That would show if there are any in there at all to start with.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, in checking, it did put 2 in.
      but not the rest and for that matter, I can't get all my imported members to show up on my memberlist LOL
      Cher

Comment

PHPMyAdmin, is that something I need to download? I don't recall d/ling it unless it came with the VB download I did Wed.

Thanks!
        Cher

Comment

Originally posted by sunnycher
          Ok, in checking, it did put 2 in.
          but not the rest and for that matter, I can't get all my imported members to show up on my memberlist LOL
          Then if two are there either they were hosted remotely or the avatar path was wrong ?

Move the users from the imported group into the registered group to check the memberslist.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry! I'll go try that
            Cher

Comment

That helped a lot Jerry! Thanks! Now I just need to seperate them by their titles that "I" created on my previous board.
              Is there an easier way to do that? I imported all Imported users over to Registered users. Some are paid members, some are not.
              Cher

Comment

The have custom titles that identifies what group there are in, in their user profile ?

If its been imported into user.usertitle then the users can be sorted on that.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi guys...

Although my users successfully were imported from phpbb 2.0.6 to VB 3.0.7, no avatars were imported.

There IS a customavatar folder in the MySQL DB, but there is nothing stored there.

Did anyone else successfully import avatars?

Thanks,

Khashyar
                  www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
                  www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
                  www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
                  www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

phpBB avatars are imported either from the local drive, so a full and correct path is needed or a URL. You have the option to import them or not on the user import module.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X