Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Import Avatars From phpBB into vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Import Avatars From phpBB into vB?

I just did the conversion from phpBB to vB. It went fine except I don't see each user's avatar. I moved the images from the phpBB avatar directory to the avatar directory under vB. Should I have? How do I fix this? I'm not seeing the avatars.

Any help is appreciated.

Are these customer avatars or ones you provided?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Customer avatars. Also I'm having a weird problem with the smilies from phpBB. I moved the phpBB smiles into the images/smilies/ directory, but when users use these smiles, it comes out as its ASCII text/word equivalent, rather than the images itself. Only the smilies provided by vB (not phpBB) are getting through:

:neutral: :grin: :-| :???: :razz: :-) :-? :grin:

Comment

Custom Avatars go in the database by default. Jerry will need to comment on this.

As for the smilies, you need to manually add those in the Admin CP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Custom Avatars go in the database by default. Jerry will need to comment on this.
          I have just purchased VB and I also have this problem with avatars not showing in the forum, when I import from phpBB. I have no idea whether they are imported into the base itself or now, but they are definitely not showing.
          At the same time I have tried to use the avatar with the newly registered user and it works, so probably there is really some problem with the import, not settings of the board.
          Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

I have just ran into possible reason why avatars are not importing from phpBB.
            The default setting for avatars in VB is, I guess, 65x65 pixels. Default setting for the avatars size in my former phpBB was 100x100 pixels. Could well be that Impex doesn't allow to import avatars bigger, than VB settings. Or, anyway, the reason of the problem lies somewhere in that field.
            If it is possible, could developers of VB or Impex approve or disapprove my guess?

Comment

The size dosn't effect the avatar import, impex assume if you are ok with them in the old board you will be ok with them in the new board.

Are there a number of entries in the customavatar table that is the same as the number of avatars that should be imported ? or is the table empty ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

No, in my case there are no recoed in this table except for the ones for the avatars that I have added already using VB.

Comment

I have the same issue as lifanovsky, do you have a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownServices
                    I have the same issue as lifanovsky, do you have a solution?
                    What version are you comming over from ?
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

So How To Fix This Bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                        What version are you comming over from ?
                        Coming from phpBB 2.0.10 ( but database says .11 b/c of something our host did :P)

Comment

No avatars here either :S

Comment

I would need to see the database to see how the path to the avatars are stored, I've caught 3 diffrent ways, there must be another one now.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                              The size dosn't effect the avatar import, impex assume if you are ok with them in the old board you will be ok with them in the new board.

Are there a number of entries in the customavatar table that is the same as the number of avatars that should be imported ? or is the table empty ?
                              Jerry,
                              Where do you find this? I have searched high and low. I got my avatars to come over (phpbb2 to new VB (which I love btw) but they don't show up on my imported members.

TIA!
                              Cher
                              Cher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X