Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logical?

High,

I was editing and structuring a 3.0.1 forum on my local machines Apache server.
    I backed that forum up and got a *.sql file on my disk.
    Then I installed my new 3.0.3 into our new webhotel, and now I discover that doing a "restore forum backup" is something very difficult. At least for me =)

So I tryed this Impex, and started of with source=false.
    Generatin:

Please set 'sourceexists = true' in ImpExConfig.php
    ERROR with the database or file system, please check config.

Ok.... so I put it on true, and gave my details, localhost, name, pass, db-name.

And now?

"Connection to source server failed. Check username and password"

Source login is the same logindata as the localhost forum, that works ok.

Why cant I just import that *sql file directly?
    Do I have to take an degree in MySQL chinese? =)

I think this would be a simple thing to do. Why have a "Backup" and no "Restore" ??????????

/Zoors
    Last edited by Zoors; Mon 20 Sep '04, 9:25pm.
    Zoors

The .sql file is build from a 3.0.1 source, and not 3.0.3 - for starters.

It has unique table field setups and even if it is the correct version, you can't just import a .sql dump into an existing installation. The unique id's for entries don't match or might override, etc.

Check the manual on how to install and use the impex software correctly.

http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      The .sql file is build from a 3.0.1 source, and not 3.0.3 - for starters.

It has unique table field setups and even if it is the correct version, you can't just import a .sql dump into an existing installation. The unique id's for entries don't match or might override, etc.

Check the manual on how to install and use the impex software correctly.

http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Well I did. I didnt work as I said. But I found another way.

However. I dumped the 3.0.1 forum with MySQLAdministrator backup, and restored it to the 3.0.3 with same MySQLAdministrator (for MySQL v4+)
      There was some error messages during the process, but I forced it, and it ended "successfully". Then I updated the counters in Admin CP and wosh...! There was my 32 hour work back again... Havent found any strange behaviour yet, as I didnt have much posts done. It was mostly structuring work on the forum itself.

/Zoors
      Zoors

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X