Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About importing for a second time

Hi guys,
    quick question, I made a test import into a Forum that we probably are going to migrate from EVE into VBulletin in a week or so.

All is good now (Thanks to Jerry for the Big Help !) , BUT im wondering, at the time of the migration, i will need to make a clean install and loose all the configuration changes ive made on the forum on these days ?

Or can i simply run the import script again to import the users that have signed up during these days, and the posts made during these days ?
    Will the impex know if its a duplicated user, thread, post ?

I would really love just to run impex again to update information instead of loosing all that ive done so far, we plan on going live soon, but i need to know this before hand

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS !!!

You can install impex once, and run it multiple times to do multiple imports. Just check post 7 from the sticky 'status' update. It has a .sql that you have to run after each import, so you can do another import. Don't forget to update the impexconfig.php with the new database details.

Comment

There is the functionality in impex to clean up a database at the top of ever page it gives you a link to Database cleanup & restart :

From there you can ;
      • Delete Session
      • Delete Session and all imported data
      • Remove importids
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thanks guys ...

ill give it a try

Comment

Cool Jerry, I didn't know that was in the latest version yet! Very nice to see it updated

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X