Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ihsan's Knife View Post
    The ?do=bitfield part, the repairing the tables
    There is nothing in ImpEx that needs you to do either of those things.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Please an updated manual reflecting the current version. The on line doc is outdated as of my use today. New screeen shots, revised config.sys info etc. Thanks!

Comment

Here's one for ya. Make it usable for merges. I found out that the process of merging a vBulletin forum with a MyBB forum over ImpEx is hell and really not realistically possible. Threads go ****ing everywhere, Forums go nutty all over the place, and in general it ****s stuff up. I honestly had to stop, because I couldn't reorganize all the threads in my forum and the one I was importing in under a week, and that's how long the forum would've had to be closed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihsan's Knife View Post
          Here's one for ya. Make it usable for merges. I found out that the process of merging a vBulletin forum with a MyBB forum over ImpEx is hell and really not realistically possible. Threads go ****ing everywhere, Forums go nutty all over the place, and in general it ****s stuff up. I honestly had to stop, because I couldn't reorganize all the threads in my forum and the one I was importing in under a week, and that's how long the forum would've had to be closed for.
          Firstly ImpEx is very capable of merge imports, it's designed to do it.

Second, closing a site without testing an import is what's writing in big red letters not to do in the howto.

Third, not following the merge instructions likely dosen't help :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I did do a test import, and it worked fine. I apologize for being somewhat irate, but my forum is my life (pretty sad, eh?) and it's been down for about 2 days now with no help in sight.

Comment

When importing users from a phpbb board, there were users who had ampersands (&) in their username. When imported to vBulletin, the ampersand was entered into the database in its html entity form (& ). My suggestion is to convert it into the actual ampersand character.
              No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

It would be nice if Impex would give me any feedback at all on why certain steps don't work. I noticed that some threads and users did not import. But no explanation or description of the error was offered. This is not helpful.

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get avatars to import from phpbb3 and, again, with no feedback from impex whatsover, I'm at a loss to understand what is wrong or why it is not working.

Comment

The ability to transfer vBulletin Blog posts over to a new copy of vBulletin w/ vBulletin Blog.

Comment

Here's my friendly suggestion to please consider updating ImpEx to support PT to PT importing. The tool can be used for many things, bug reports, site feedback, staff tasks, etc. All data that's desirable to get included when transferring a site to a new party.

Another friendly suggestion is to please consider updating ImpEx to support blog 2 to blog 2, and not just blog 1 to blog 2. Sites run the latest version and when you transfer or acquire a site you can't downgrade first. It sort of feels reasonable that blog to blog import which seems to be supported, is supporting the latest stable branches too in impex.

Comment

how about fixing any bbcode? A option to clean up any unparsed bbcode and convert it to vb if needed?

Comment

Originally posted by zero5854 View Post
                        how about fixing any bbcode? A option to clean up any unparsed bbcode and convert it to vb if needed?
                        tools/cleaner.php
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

oh yea LOL my bad forgot about that tool.

Comment

make a chat room where we can ask questions, becuz theres alot of people online but I never get a response for a long time
                            i agry with that

Comment

make it some what easyer to use for the simple folks
                              for me it seems like this is only to be used for people who have a background in these things
                              remember vBulletin is used all over the world and we do not understand english so well

either simplify the program or make some howto's im multiple languages
                              vB could be made more user friendly :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by yahya komeet View Post
                                i agry with that

You're free to join #impex on irc.forumimports.com - though unofficial and 100% nothing to do with vBulletin staff / company or whatever.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X