Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XOOPS -> VB3

Hi,

We have used the XOOPS software (www.xoops.org) for a year now, and now have a few hundred users and few thousand posts. xoops is more portal software than specifically forum software as you will be able to see.

We are very keen indeed (desperate in fact!) to move this to vBulletin 3 now, but will not be able to do this without some way of importing our users and posts.

I don't think anything exists for this, having looked around vbulletin.org and in fact, when I posted there, they sent me in the direction of this forum. Does anyone think there may be an import written for this in the near future?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

I have put xoops on the resquest poll.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks very much Jerry. I look forwards to seeing whether anything comes up...

Comment

I've had a look at the default xoops install, members seems to be the only default table that could be imported.

Though I am looking at an empty database.

What modules do you have installed that have threads & posts in them ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry I am very new to Xoops and still playing with it, its not a live site yet.. and I beleive the answer to your question would be the Forum module
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy
            Jerry I am very new to Xoops and still playing with it, its not a live site yet.. and I beleive the answer to your question would be the Forum module
            Well if you know of anyone who has a database from xoops with the forum module installed send me a pm
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

what is the status of this importer? I'm also in the same situation as tom. I can provide full access to my mySQL db for xoops for you to look at if you need to, I'm preparing to move to vb in a week or two and it's going to kill me if i have to move and lose all my userbase and all my forum posts :-\

Comment

Originally posted by noog
                what is the status of this importer? I'm also in the same situation as tom. I can provide full access to my mySQL db for xoops for you to look at if you need to, I'm preparing to move to vb in a week or two and it's going to kill me if i have to move and lose all my userbase and all my forum posts :-\
                Its released in beta :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X