phpbb forum description truncated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb forum description truncated

After importing a phpbb bbs, I noticed all forum descriptions were truncated. Is there a default length in the import scripts that can be changed?
    Thanks,
    Sam

Actually untill 3.0.2 (i think it was fixed then) we used a smaller field that only allowed 255 characters to be stored, you might want to start again with the import and use 3.0.2

Comment

forum description

I upgraded to 3.0.2 and re-ran import of phpbb bbs. Still truncated the descriptions. I then reinstalled from scratch using 3.0.1 and empty database, re-ran import ... same results. Outside of cut/pasting many forum descriptions, don't know what else to try. Help, please!

Comment

The description field in the 3.0.2 forum table should be type 'text' and not truncated. Check it with phpMyAdmin.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The importer dosn't truncate the description during the import.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X