Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported users, now they are all admins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported users, now they are all admins?

How do i change the user groups around?

Mass move the users into the registered usergroup, their permissions will be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      Mass move the users into the registered usergroup, their permissions will be reset.
      Can you point me in the right directions for this? I cannot find where to do this all at once.

Comment

I think i have found it, but i cannot move them. On the bottem of the screen it says
        Users marked with the [ ! ] button are not editable using this system.
        they all have that.?

Comment

Are these users from a custom usergroup?

Comment

Unfortunately Admins cannot be moved with the Mass Move function. I don't know why but I have verified this is normal behaviour.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Unfortunately Admins cannot be moved with the Mass Move function. I don't know why but I have verified this is normal behaviour.
              I am imagining that my problem is caused because i have imported my users into a couple of different programs as i have tried other things. I think that one of the phpnuke/oscommerce cms's i tried made this change in the database. The question is now how do i get it back the way it should be.

Comment

That depends. Which usergroupid are they in? And is your Admin user in the same group?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I believe so, although somehow i ended up with 2 of my user names, sort of.
                  One has a wierd addon to the name "imported_sweetquads" that one has all of my posts ect. and is in a different group "Moderators" Then there is just a plain ol "sweetquads" with no posts ect, that one is in the administrators group with 99% of the other users. I have no idea why i have 2 names or why one of them has "imported" in front of the name.
                  Real quick i just wanted to say thanks for trying to help out.
                  Tom

Comment

Ok. so i cant mass move admins, and since i have over 2300 users i dont want to think about doing one by one. Is there a place in the database that i could trick vb into thinking that the admin are some other group then move them?, like 1=admin 2=reg user 3=guest then just temporarily change the 1 to 3 move them to 2 using the mass move then go back and change the admin back and maybe fix my account?
                    Sorry if this is way stupid, i am just grasping at straws, i obviously have no idea what im doing.

Comment

You never told me what usergroupid they are in and if your Admin user is in the same group.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry, i thought i had in the above post. They are in user group 6 and yer i am included in that same group, at least one of me is

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X