phpbb -> vb3 import is hung up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb -> vb3 import is hung up

I am attempting to import a small phpbb forum. It was running on an MS access database. When I started the import it appeared to make it past the first few steps. But when I went to import the ban list, it just said "You have skipped the Importing of the ban list" and now it's just refreshing itself and says the same thing over and over again. I can't make it start over or do anything else but "You have skipped the Importing of the ban list" I've even deleted the impex folder and reuploaded it, but when I click on import/export, it goes right back to that "You have skipped the Importing of the ban list" page and it just continues to refresh itself. What is the problem? I bought the forum because it stated it could import from phpbb. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Files

Your not doing anything wrong its the impex session that is confused you'll need to delete it with this :

DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title = 'ImpExSession';

Are you using MS access as the source database or have you converted it to MySQL ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The phpbb database is still inside MS Access. Will this be a problem? If so what is a work around or fix? BTW thank you for your prompt reply, I am very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaine Sherman
        The phpbb database is still inside MS Access. Will this be a problem? If so what is a work around or fix? BTW thank you for your prompt reply, I am very impressed.
        Currently the phpBB importer only works with a MySQL database.

I could extend the importer to work with MS Access I belive by using an ODBC connection.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Is there anything I can do to help?

Originally posted by Jerry
          Currently the phpBB importer only works with a MySQL database.

I could extend the importer to work with MS Access I belive by using an ODBC connection.

Comment

Use a 3rd party tool to convert the Access to MySQL then use the current importer.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X