Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3 --> VB 3.0.1 Import Troubles

Greetings,

Hopefully someone can help me see what I might be doing wrong here. I wanted to attempt a test import of my current IPB databae in order to see how difficult this is going to be to create an acceptable conversion. I really haven't made it very far yet.

I got the ImpEx module installed and configured properly I believe.

When I run step 1 of the import I do not get any errors and it seems to be able to locate and have access to the database to be imported.

In step 2 something a little strange happens. I never actually see any users to be given the opportunity to associate any IPB users with VB users. I thought that was weird but I went to the next step anyway.

In step 3 I successfully imported my user groups.

Step 4 is where I am positive that I have a problem to solve. I am not able to find any users for import. Is it because I am not specifying a "Path to avatar upload folder"? If so what should that be?

I'm going to keep digging around but if anyone has any advice for what I may look into, please let me know.

Thanks,

kc

If anyone else has troubles with the IPB convertor I would highly recommend the following:

Install VB 2.3.5
    Convert your IPB into it.
    Upgrade to 3.0.1

Works like a charm.

Don't forget to apply these fixes to the converter:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ort+ipb+quotes

Comment

I didnt have any problems running the IPB importer for other people with impex, the chances are you didnt have the config file set up corectly.,

Comment

Originally posted by crabacus
        Greetings,

Hopefully someone can help me see what I might be doing wrong here. I wanted to attempt a test import of my current IPB databae in order to see how difficult this is going to be to create an acceptable conversion. I really haven't made it very far yet.

I got the ImpEx module installed and configured properly I believe.

When I run step 1 of the import I do not get any errors and it seems to be able to locate and have access to the database to be imported.

In step 2 something a little strange happens. I never actually see any users to be given the opportunity to associate any IPB users with VB users. I thought that was weird but I went to the next step anyway.

In step 3 I successfully imported my user groups.

Step 4 is where I am positive that I have a problem to solve. I am not able to find any users for import. Is it because I am not specifying a "Path to avatar upload folder"? If so what should that be?

I'm going to keep digging around but if anyone has any advice for what I may look into, please let me know.

Thanks,

kc
        Have you raised a support ticket for this ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X