Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 problems

Hi,

First of all after I installed Vbulletin and imported from my existing phpbb database everything seemed alright.

Then I noticed that ALL users had their options changed into invisible "on" and subscribe to threads without a notification, also signatures, images and avatars was "off".

I didn't see any way to change these options for all users.. my only way would be to go through every user manually. And I really don't want to do that.

Any idea how to fix this without having to change several hundred user profiles manually?

My second problem is this:

I figured I would reimport the users from phpbb, so I choosed that option but.. nooo it cleared ALL the existing vbb users. And then it asked me for my login name and password to proceed with the import. How can I import when the script just deleted all the users (including my admin user) ?

To remedy this I figured I had to use the install script again, but it wouldnt let me either, and some error message popped up.

Any idea how to fix this without having to manually go through my database and delete the vbulletin tables?

Thanks in advance!

Third problem I encountered:

When importing I got 10x the duplicate private messages for all users. And there's no such option in the admin control panel to clear up duplicate private messages. Any idea if you will add this anytime soon?

Thanks again.

Comment

1. To set options for all users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.

2. I really don't know why this happened. It certainly should not have done this. However you should not have reipmoorted the users again, unless you reverted to a pre-import database.

3. Again I have not seen this reported before. I suggest to restore a backup of your database prior to doing this import and try again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Venven
        I figured I would reimport the users from phpbb, so I choosed that option but.. nooo it cleared ALL the existing vB users. And then it asked me for my login name and password to proceed with the import. How can I import when the script just deleted all the users (including my admin user) ?
        There is no way that the importer can do this unless you associate all the vB original users with the phpBB users, and there is a warning on the import user module explaining this.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X