Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Problems, Just Keeps Asking.

Hey,

I've gotten my new version of vBulletin up and running. I'm trying to import from phpBB to vBulletin 3.0.1 and when i login to Impex in the admin cp it says Thank you for Logging, redirecting you, and then goes right back to the login prompt, everytime, like a loop.

I edited the config file as mentioned in the intructions and have the old database setup right...so I think.

-Neverrain

Have you changed any of vB3 settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      Have you changed any of vB3 settings?
      I've only edited the categories and topics but that has nothing to do with ImpEx.

Comment

Nothing in the vBulletin Options area?

on the forums, can you see the admincp login link or no?

Comment

I edited a few keywords and things in the vBulletin area but still, nothing very drastic.

I can see the admin cp and mod cp on the forums, and the import/export button in the admin cp, I just can't fully login to the ImpEx prompt.

Comment

Thats odd, try reuploading the impex files, make sure they are uploaded in ASCII mode.

Comment

Do I untarball the impex_apidoc.tar.gz file into the impex folder and then upload or upload the tar?

Comment

vBulletin-ImpEx_LICENSE_NUMBER.zip or vBulletin-ImpEx_LICENSE_NUMBER.tar.gz Is what your file should look like.

Comment

I know, I'm talking about the tar or zip in that file

vBulletin-ImpEx_LICENSE_NUMBER.tar.gz -> upload -> impex -> impex_apidoc.tar.gz

do I upload that as the straight zip/tar or do i feel it as it be?

Comment

you dont need to upload the api docs. just the impex files.

Comment

Ok now I finally got it working but still one problem. The threads, or posts, won't import, in the admin CP it says their there and it says it when i click on view forums but when I go to the main page it doesn't show, nor the post count.

The member import did work.

Comment

Did you update the counters?

Comment

Just did that, but it still doesn't show up on the main page. I tried selecting view forum from the admin cp where I can view it and it says I don't have permission to view this forum but yet I'm the root admin.

Comment

Ahhh ok I found a small problem and it seemed to work. Thanks for all the support, vBulletin really is the best I've ever used.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X