Import Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Problem

I uploaded the files correctly, as I can see the import/export feature in the admin cp, however, the first time I tried it, when importing the users, it gave me an error saying the source table didn't exist. This is probably because I don't know the prefix for the tables of the old forum yet (I didn't set it up). But now when I go to click on import/export all I get is the vBulletin copyright. Why would this happen and what can I do to fix it?

Run this query:

DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

Then try the import again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I realized that I must do that from reading another thread, but I can't access phpMyAdmin at this time; I get a 404 error every time and the host is trying to figure it out. Do you know the default prefix for phpbb2? is it phpbb_?

Comment

The default is phpbb_. And you can also run queries from within the vB Admin CP.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
        // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
        // See the above entries for more information on the format.
        // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
        // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Now I get this error while running the query..

vBulletin Message
          An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
          error number: 1146
          error desc: Table 'forum.datastore' doesn't exist

What is the problem?

Comment

wow, I'm just full of errors..
            I got the last one figured out, but now, at an arbitrary time while running the import script, I will get this error..

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/webadmin/fighterops.com/html/forum/impex/ImpExDisplay.php on line 343

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

It will change according to where and when it happens, but fundamentally it's the same. What is the cause?

Comment

Allowed memory size error:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ed+memory+size

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks. Ok, I was able to run through all the import stuff successfully. Now I go to my forum, and don't see the forums, categories, threads, or posts that were suppose to be imported. All I can see right now is the users.

I'm shutting up now, I keep figuring stuff out right after I ask.. Sorry, and thanks for your help..

Comment

You need to update the counters after completing the import:

Admin CP -> Imports & Maintenance -> Update Counters

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I am having the same error that Patrick listed above with the 1146 error. I ran the query Steve suggested, and got the following reply in my control panel:

vbulletin message: Affected Rows: 0
                    I tried to import again, and got the 1146 error again.

What now?
                    Last edited by doubleclick; Tue 15th Jun '04, 8:50am.

Comment

What is particularly baffling is that this is a completely new/clean install. No pre-existing conditions to muddy the waters.

I found many threads with this problem, but clear solution. The thread below might be close, but I need some details on how to accomplish the fix, if it indeed applies here.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...fixoptions.php

Comment

Doubleclick, please start your own thread with all the relevant info, including the complete error message. Thanks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

sure. Here it is:
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...958#post687958
                          Last edited by doubleclick; Tue 15th Jun '04, 10:56am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X