X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importer giving far too many problems

Hey,
    i am import from from invision to vbulletin
    I can't even count the number of problems it has had, everytime I import something it says, your phpbb users have been inported, eva users imported etc. etc.
    Then the problem with the sessions and having to clear out the session by running a query.
    When importing users, only one imported, and the rest failed. So I retried the module, after doing everything else, then it cleared out all imported users, including the user I was logged in with ( The admin)
    There are now 2 users in the user table, both guests with different passwords, but not my admin login.

This already hapened once so far and I tried editing the table and adding my username and the password for my user (From my vb2 forum for the MD5 code) but that hasn't worked.
    Last time I had to totally reinstall vb3 again then start the import process over again

is there something else I can do instead of reinstalling?
    I have been at this over 50 mins now because I keep coming across problems

Thanks
    John
    John Diver

Ive done the importer process a few times and not had much trouble, you just need to run each of the moduals and let them run untill they are finished. once they are you run the update counters script. are you getting any specific DB errors? if you run the query to restart it resets the whole thing if im not wrong.

Comment

I just did the restart module for importing users, but it deletes all users imported.
      If you associate a user from the db you are importing, which is the admin, it also deletes the admin.
      Meaning you have no login to the admin control panel as your admin account has been deleted from the vb3 database
      John Diver

Comment

Yes, that is what is planed to happen.

The assoisation of users is a standard feature, it merging users. if you merge the wrong way, it will lock you out of the admincp. you can restore access by uploading tools.php to your admincp drectory and give your user admin access again. once done remove tools.php from your admincp directory, you can find tools.php in the DO_NOT_UPLOAD folder of your zip.

Comment

The thing is there is no users to give the admin status to, everyone is deleted from the user table in the database.
          I just reinstalled again and went through the import process again
          John Diver

Comment

invision to vbulletin
            I can't even count the number of problems it has had, everytime I import something it says, your phpbb
            But you use the right options for impex?

I mean invision power board is not phpbb, or is this a bug in impex that the error message show "phpbb"?

This already hapened once so far and I tried editing the table and adding my username and the password for my user (From my vb2 forum for the MD5 code) but that hasn't worked.
            Use '' as password for your new admin account, after this you should be able to log in. (Or create a new User and give him admin (group 6) in the db)
            There is a salt field (or so) in the user table, I haven't read the documentation but I think the salt field is also a part of the MD5 hash. (Therefore your old password didn't work)

What version is your ipb?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X