VB3 -> VB3 Forums Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB3 -> VB3 Forums Problem

After merging two databases using the ImpEx vb3 to vb3 option, I can see that that forums were added in Forum Manager. The problem though is, I can't see the imported forums from the forum home page. If I try to manually look at an imported forum, I get the following (even though I'm an administrator:

<username>, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    What's wrong?

Check the Forum Permissions for that forum and your usergroup.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It seems like the import program created another set of the default usergroups (Registered, Administrator, Moderator, etc). The mass move utility won't let me move from to specific usergroups like "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" I had to issue something like:
      Code:
      update`user` set usergroupid = 3 where usergroupid = 11;
      to mass move the users to the correct group.

Anyway, I would have hoped that the import program didn't create instances of the default usergroups.

Thanks.

Comment

I made the importer do this because it can't be guaranteed that the group being imported hasn't been modified, same as the group being imported into.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Working...
        X