Ubbthread import problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubbthread import problems.

I'm having problems with the importing of groups and users from ubbthreads. all the users and the groups are imported but the users are all placed in a group which has no id number or heading. the group titles are all imported but the users are not placed in there correct groups they are all empty.

Can you try to mass move users from this group to another group?
    If that fails, try to delete this usergroup, (users should automaticly be moved to the default registration group, unless the screen tells you otherwise)

Then run update counters to make sure the data is accurate.

Comment

I tried mass moving to another group. it only allowed me to move 3,112 the rest of my user are stil in the phantom user group. I will try deleting the group. Then reset my banned user. problem is i have to go through my user list to set each user to the correct groups.

Comment

actually I can't remove the fantom group it is under the default usergroup heading.

heres a picture attached
        Last edited by Downlo; Wed 26th May '04, 2:35pm.

Comment

When did you download the import scripts?

Comment

may 25 at around 4pm eastern standard time

Comment

Same problem here. I had to move all the users in group 2 (Registered users) with a sql request.

Comment

I've also noticed that the private mesaages cannot be seen and/or they are not synced to the correct users.

The password for each user is not ported over. So a user would not be able to acces the forum or retrieve there password. none of the moderators have moderator status they are all bunched in the same phantom group. if you'd like I can send a pic of what I see on screen.

the ubb threads code is not converted into vbulletin code.( not sure if this was planned but it would be nice)

Comment

Originally posted by Downlo
                  I've also noticed that the private mesaages cannot be seen and/or they are not synced to the correct users.

The password for each user is not ported over. So a user would not be able to acces the forum or retrieve there password. none of the moderators have moderator status they are all bunched in the same phantom group. if you'd like I can send a pic of what I see on screen.

the ubb threads code is not converted into vbulletin code.( not sure if this was planned but it would be nice)
                  Yes, same problem here with PM and moderators
                  And it would be nice to have ubb code converted.
                  But the passwords now work with ImpEx 1.12.

Comment

Originally posted by Downlo

Can you give an example of the ubb_threads code that isn't being parsed, also what is the problem with the moderators ? Arn't they being assigned to the forums propperly ?
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

No the moderators are not being assgined. this is because every users is placed in the same group. which is a phantom group which has no id number or name in the group settings in the admin control panel. I tried moving 2 users to the administrators group to see if the settings would reset but they didn't. I got the passwords working now. but the private message still do not show up or are not assigned to any users . When importing I can see the private messages being imported. when i go to the Private Message Statistics i see 15932 under the Number of Messages heading but 1 user under Number of Users heading when i try to List Users with 15932 Messages it says No Users Matched Your Query. So i'm assuming the messages are not being assigned to any users.

see the picture below for reference of the group settings
                      http://www.s98333679.onlinehome.us/group.jpg
                      Last edited by Downlo; Fri 28th May '04, 8:15am.

Comment

I've fixed the member group import, it will be in 1.14 which will be out in about 30 mins.

Looking at the moderator one now, though its nothing to do with group assignment.

I'd suggest not posting links to your admincp.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

the link is a croped picture it does not go to my admin control panel. that wouldn't be to smart

is the private messages fixed also?

thanks

Comment

This link is in your post :

EDIT : removed

The PM imports are fine on the tests I do.
                            Last edited by Jerry; Fri 28th May '04, 8:27am.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

the link is not anywhere in this post except for the link you have posted now. could you please remove the link you could possibly be seeing a previous link I edited before. the only link i see is http://www.s98333679.onlinehome.us/group.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X