IPB 1.3 Importer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3 Importer Questions

After viewing Jerry's thread at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=4 I have a few questions for the community. My forums, forums.mlbcenter.com are merging with bigleagueforums.net/forums or rather they are joining our forums. They want to transfer all their threads/posts/polls to our appropriate forums as well as us all forum users.

I noticed that the ImpEx importer system can do this, but it transfers forums as well as usergroups and everything else when I only need those two things I listed above. Is there a way I can only transfer their threads/posts/polls to our appropriate forums as well as the forum users too? We mainy just want the threads...

Thanks!

Bump!

Comment

You can skip any steap you want in my experance.

Comment

You can tranfer every aspect or only one or two ;0

Comment

You will need to either import the users or associate the users from the source board with existing users so that you can import the threads and posts as the userids with them will be dependant on user ids, so it has to get them from some where.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Is it possible for me to set all of their members post counts to 0 or where their post # transfer over as well?

Mike

Comment

Do you want to reset all the users post counts to 0 or just the imported ones.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Just the imported ones.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

The SQL to do that would be this :

UPDATE user SET posts=0 WHERE importuserid <> 0;

Pending on if you have a table prefix on 'user' or not.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X