ImpEx error in [list] bbcode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpEx error in [list] bbcode

This is how the [ list ] bbcode looks like after I've imported from phpBB2 to vB3:

[list:1033c8f2a3]
    [*:2139asd92]List option one!
    [*:9152ahk83]List option two![/list:1033c8f2a3]

If I make a new list in vB3, it works. So this bug is only screwing up already imported lists from phpBB2. The same thing goes for bbcodes in PM's for one reason o_O; - both quote's and b's are screwed up. Might even be more. There's got to be a reason to why ImpEx adds characters to bbcodes.
    meow

The characters are actually how phpBB implements bbcode.

[tag:stringhere]text[/tag:samestringhere]

What version of the phpBB module were you using?
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

o_O

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
      The characters are actually how phpBB implements bbcode.

[tag:stringhere]text[/tag:samestringhere]

What version of the phpBB module were you using?
      Thanks for moving this thread here.

I'm importing from phpBB2 (2.0.4). I've reported this bug in the bug tracker before. Jerry said he had fixed this in ImpEx v1.6, but I tested it and saw that it wasn't fixed. I've been PM'ing Jerry about this issue, and I made this thread in the test forum to make him see how it looks like.

There's gotta be a way to strip the ":stringhere" bit from the bb codes. And what's strange, is that it just screws up on [ list ] codes in posts, and some bb codes in PM's.
      meow

Comment

I've just commited a fix now and updated the bug report with more information.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thank you, Scott. I'll try it out right now.
          meow

Comment

I'm not being a nitpick here, just trying to be informative.

The [ list] bbcode is now fixed in threads, but [ list=1] or [ list=a] is still screwed up. Same goes for some of the bbcodes in imported PM's, like [ quote] and [ b].
            meow

Comment

Following an import from phpbb all my [ code ] tags are screwed up.
              Is there any quick way can remove the additional text string from the tags?

EG... [code:1:8f6dc1288a] --> [code]

Thanks
              C:

Comment

Originally posted by cocjh1
                Following an import from phpbb all my [ code ] tags are screwed up.
                Is there any quick way can remove the additional text string from the tags?

EG... [code:1:8f6dc1288a] --> [code]

Thanks
                C:
                Are you using an old version of the importer ? That one was caught a while ago.

You can use cleaner.php though you'll need to use a regular expression in the clean post loop opposed to the replacer array.

I would suggest getting the latest version of impex and running another test.

Though I can explain how to edit cleaner.php if you like.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

In the 'impex.readme.txt' file it has: -

* @version $Revision: 1.27 $
                  * @date $Date: 2004/09/16 13:57:24 $

Is this the latest version?
                  If yes, would appreciate help in editing cleaner.php to remove them.

C:

Comment

That's an old version. Dowload the latest Impex and upload the latest files to your server. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the oneson the server.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks guys, didn't realise I had an old version of Impex.
                      Just done a fresh import and [ code ] tags are working fine

C:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X