Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inport / Export page shows up blank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inport / Export page shows up blank

    Showed up fine, then on the second step of an import it said a table couldn't be found. When I fixed the error, I went back to the section, to find it was blank - that is, there's a page title and copyright at the bottom, but no actual content. I've re-uploaded the "impex" folder, deleted my cookies... done everything I could think of. Changed the config.php to import from another database. Still just a very blank page.

    Any idea what's wrong?

  • #2
    Blank pages are almost always due to a problem with the php files. Reupload all the Impex files again. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. And make sure there is no whitespace or extras lines in the impex config file either before the <?php or after the ?>.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      You can run this query and start over again.

      DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

      Or use this SQL File:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...20&postcount=7
      this is my sig

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, I just ran into the "blank page on second attempt" problem as well

        Gonna run that QUERY and try it out, though I hear there's a lot of issues with the IPB ---> VB3 convertor.

        Edit: Err... "Import & Maintenance" ---> "Execute SQL Query" my Admin account is "not authorized"... where do I edit this? Haven't even had a chance to browse thru VB's ACP yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

          // ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
          // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
          // See the above entries for more information on the format.
          // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
          // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
          $canrunqueries = 'x';

          ...with x being your userid number.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            Hi,

            i'm running into the same problem. running the SQL query doesn't seem to work. any other ideas? running IIS6 win2k3/mysql.

            Comment


            • #7
              What query doesn't work? It would be best if you started a new thread with all the rlevant info.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #8
                sorry i meant when i click "import and maint" > "import/export", i just get a blank screen. if i change the "sourceexists" to true, i get blank screen. if i set it to "false" then the screen will come up with the options. however since i do need to set the "sourceexists" value to true, my import doesn't work with it set to false. i'm importing from mssql server..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Its going to be the MS-SQL permissions killing the connection I'd guess.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

                  Blog | Me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If that is the case, how does one go about troubleshooting it? when you successfully ran it, what type of authentication did you use (nt or sql)? was the sql server local to you on the same network, or was it installed on the same server?

                    i have also opened a support issue.

                    thank you!


                    Originally posted by Jerry
                    Its going to be the MS-SQL permissions killing the connection I'd guess.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Same network, linux to windows, sql permissions.

                      I'll carry on with the support ticket.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

                      Blog | Me

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X