Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ezboard Conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ezboard Conversion

    My board was converted from Ezboard a long while back. A lot of members still user the same username, but of course the old Ezboard posts show up as guest posts and don't count for member original post count.

    If the username is the exact same, isn't there a way to tell vBulletin that the previous posts are part of a member's post count?

    It's not detrimental, but sure would be nice.
    J. Vance Tyree
    Administrator
    Armageddon Online Forums

  • #2
    I can think of a way of doing it but it would take some SQL and a script to get it to work I think. i.e.

    Code:
    select count(*) from post where username='Jerry';
    Would get it for one user.

    Personally I'd do it in a while loop for each user and update that user in sequence. i.e.

    Code:
    $user_names = $db->query('SELECT username FROM user');
    
    while ($one_name= $db->fetch_array($user_names))
    {
        $sql = "select count(*) as post_total from post where username='" . $one_name['username']. "';
        $post_total = $db->query_first($sql);
        $db->query('UPDATE user SET posts=' . $post_total['post_total'] . ' WHERE username ='" . $one_name['username']. "';
    }
    or something like that

    Disclaimer : Off the top of my head and un tested.
    I wrote ImpEx.

    Blog | Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. It's a little bit out of my league, so I'll just leave it for now.
      J. Vance Tyree
      Administrator
      Armageddon Online Forums

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, though I'll write a script to do it if you like
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Man, that would rock beyond anything. If it's no trouble I'd be more than delighted to be able to do this quickly and painlessly.
          J. Vance Tyree
          Administrator
          Armageddon Online Forums

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok, I'm going out now to a bass lesson, I'll be back in 3 hours or so, so I'll get it done then.
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Does anyone know if the ezboard conversation would work for a proboards since they are both Internet based boards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lazserus
                Man, that would rock beyond anything. If it's no trouble I'd be more than delighted to be able to do this quickly and painlessly.
                Give this a go, you'll have to put it some where you can browse to and there is a bit of config at the top of the file also it will take a while as its not very efficient but it should get the job done.

                Also BACK UP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING IT..
                Attached Files
                I wrote ImpEx.

                Blog | Me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sean289855
                  Does anyone know if the ezboard conversation would work for a proboards since they are both Internet based boards
                  Freddie, wrote and looks after the ezboard importer, I can't answer that one.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

                  Blog | Me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It won't work, without modifications, on anything other than Ezboard.

                    Also there are scripts at vb.org that will hook guest posts up to registered users of the same name.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jerry
                      Give this a go, you'll have to put it some where you can browse to and there is a bit of config at the top of the file also it will take a while as its not very efficient but it should get the job done.

                      Also BACK UP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE USING IT..
                      Well, I ran your script and it gave me a "Users Done" immediately after running it. I checked everything and the post counts aren't any different than before, but at least there aren't any db problems. :P

                      So, it didn't take more than 5 seconds to run and I filled in the config info at the top. Should I run it in a certain dir?
                      J. Vance Tyree
                      Administrator
                      Armageddon Online Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ah well worked for me, check you PM's.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

                        Blog | Me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Revisited

                          I'm firing this one back up. I've raped vb.org for everything it has and nothing seems to work the way I want it to. I've probably got about 50+ members (maybe more) that I'd need to convert. I just need a way to link the Guest posts with the same registered username.
                          J. Vance Tyree
                          Administrator
                          Armageddon Online Forums

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lazserus
                            I'm firing this one back up. I've raped vb.org for everything it has and nothing seems to work the way I want it to. I've probably got about 50+ members (maybe more) that I'd need to convert. I just need a way to link the Guest posts with the same registered username.
                            Just to recap, the posts have the correct user name, though are showing as guest posts (so an userid of 0). So the posts can be matched to the correct user via the username ?
                            I wrote ImpEx.

                            Blog | Me

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              EXACTLY! The usernames match up but apparently the userid is 0, thus not matching the database of posts. Therefore they are not being counted as posts and are being labeled as guests. I'm trying to get a friend to write me a script that will change this, but it's taking forever.
                              J. Vance Tyree
                              Administrator
                              Armageddon Online Forums

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X