Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Importer... please advise

Hi All

Well, I've done something very wrong here. Not too worried at the moment though as this is only a test vB3 environment for me and I can quite easily re-install everything from scratch again - however, I'd prefer to find out what I have done wrong so I don't do it again...

I upgraded successfully to vB3.0.1 from vB3.0.0 withouth any glitches at all - it went 100% as it should.

Then I decided to install the Importer script. So I followed the instructions as per :

Code:
    <!--StartFragment-->Installation
    ============

Decompress impex into the vb3/ folder and check the admincp Import &
    Maintenance section for the "Import / Export" link.
    ... and now I cannot access my test forum homepage at all... see here

http://www.theadservers.com/forums/

I have obviously have done something majorly wrong here. Should I have uploaded the Import script over the forum directory which is what I did...? The instructions above said over the vB3/ directory which I interpreted as this one.

Can anyone advise please... thanks
    John

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    Should I have uploaded the Import script over the forum directory which is what I did...? The instructions above said over the vB3/ directory which I interpreted as this one.
    You mean, you overwrote the vb directory with the importer directory? It is supposed to go inside the vb directory, e.g. http://yourhost.com/forums/impex. If you instead overwrote your vb directory, then there is no wonder why you can't access it.
    meow

Comment

I hate to piggyback your thread... but I don't want to start a new for an IMPEX problem.

I successfully converted everything from ipb to vb and all forums are showing (although in a crazy order, no big deal) and all posts are showing. The problem is... my user count is 1... my administrative account... and the memberlist also only shows me... help?

Comment

Originally posted by PBC
        the memberlist also only shows me... help?
        Didn't you do the Import Users step?
        meow

Comment

Originally posted by PBC
          I hate to piggyback your thread... but I don't want to start a new for an IMPEX problem.

I successfully converted everything from ipb to vb and all forums are showing (although in a crazy order, no big deal) and all posts are showing. The problem is... my user count is 1... my administrative account... and the memberlist also only shows me... help?
          Update all your Counters in vB

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
            You mean, you overwrote the vb directory with the importer directory? It is supposed to go inside the vb directory, e.g. http://yourhost.com/forums/impex. If you instead overwrote your vb directory, then there is no wonder why you can't access it.
            oops...

nuff said eh!
            John

Comment

I certainly did

Comment

Originally posted by PBC
                I certainly did
                You also updated the counters, as answeared by adwhitworth?
                meow

Comment

I'm an idiot.. in the counters section I just decided not to scroll down... thank you for alerting me as to how much one should slam their face into a moving vehicle. sorry for taking up your time...

Comment

I updated all my counters, and the exact same thing. Replicated it a few times. I'm using phpbb2 to convert.

Still shows as 1 user. All the users ARE in the members list though.

Comment

actually... I just updated every single counter as well and I still am having the issue... unlinke willnot though I am doing it with the conversion from ipb and my users do NOT show in the memberlist.

Comment

So it happens with PHPBB and IPB then. Can't be a coincidence. Bug maybe? The users DO show in the memberslist.

Comment

I am having the same issue with the import of phpBB2 also. did anyone get a resolution to this issue yet?

-Lil'

Comment

Originally posted by Willnot
                            So it happens with PHPBB and IPB then. Can't be a coincidence. Bug maybe? The users DO show in the memberslist.
                            It works for me. I converted from phpBB2.
                            meow

Comment

Current count of three people that it doesn't work for, 2 in PHPBB and one in IPB. Not that anyones counting

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X