No announcement yet.

Importers (requests & poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, I did not know I had to do it this way. I thought I could choose a forum from which I want the blogs.

What do you mean with "Use that copy as the source and revert the database to the origional backup (i.e. the complete one)"? I have just configured Impex configuration file, made target database my actual forum community and source database is the temporary forum where I have removed all forums except blog forum. Is it that what you mean?

I always get this error on importing blog users.
    Code:
    Importing 100 

Failed :: 
    here

here

here
    I clicked on this option:
    Would you like to associated imported users with existing users if the userid of source and target matches ? YES

Every new try takes me hours of work, so I'd really appreciate a good explanation about what I should do. Thank you.
    Last edited by ThorstenA; Fri 7th Sep '07, 12:04am.

Comment

• Blogspot and others

I did a little digging to refresh my memory. WordPress has a list of the importers is has available at http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content. One of those includes a Blogger import, which, if I remember correctly, basically has you input your authentication info (username/pw) and it logs into Blogger and imports all blog posts and replies.

Is this helpful at all? Would you be able to look at the WP code and see how they're importing from Blogger?

I think being able to pull posts in from existing "mainstream" blog hubs would be a HUGE benefit for board owners who are trying to entice users to post content on their site, rather than simply linking to blog hosting hub.

Thanks. Let me know if I can help by digging through code or whatever.

-Chad

Originally posted by CMerritt View Post
      Will it be possible to import posts from a blog provider like Blogspot? I've done so previously with another blogging tool that could transfer everything over, but I don't know how difficult it would be to do into vB.

Comment

• One more question: If users already have a blog and then I import more blogs via vbforum 2 blog are these imported blogs integrated with the already existing blogs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThorstenA View Post
          One more question: If users already have a blog and then I import more blogs via vbforum 2 blog are these imported blogs integrated with the already existing blogs?
          The blogs will be added to the user yes, though existing blogs/comment won't be merged.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            The blogs will be added to the user yes, though existing blogs/comment won't be merged.
            Thank you. What can I do because of the error mentioned in my post #361?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThorstenA View Post
              Thank you. What can I do because of the error mentioned in my post #361?
              Have you started a support ticket ? If not do and ask for me, and if you have ask that it's passed to me so I can see what's going on in situ.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Will check it out on Monday, I have a few Drupal databases here.
                I've been looking for help with importing vbdrupal-entries also. But still I can't find any and someone told me there should be here, somewhere.. Any ideas?
                TMM,
                Tornevalls

Comment

• Originally posted by TMM-TT View Post
                  I've been looking for help with importing vbdrupal-entries also. But still I can't find any and someone told me there should be here, somewhere.. Any ideas?
                  Drupal and b2evolution are on the to-do list as soon as the current blog importers are ok.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Voting for phpbb2 plus.
                    Atm. it's the 4th day, and 8th import, and still trying :P Would be nice if there would be less time consuming way to do this.

Also with phpbb2 (plus) not supporting php5 I think there will be quite a lot of people going for the most stable board there is atm., yes, meaning vBulletin
                    www.letsgather.com - Message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
                    www.paganfolk.net - Green is the new black.
                    www.die16-clan.com - Covering Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taragon View Post
                      Voting for phpbb2 plus.
                      Atm. it's the 4th day, and 8th import, and still trying :P Would be nice if there would be less time consuming way to do this.

Also with phpbb2 (plus) not supporting php5 I think there will be quite a lot of people going for the most stable board there is atm., yes, meaning vBulletin
                      As I remember plus is just phpBB that has a bunch of mods added so the phpBB2 importer should be ok for that ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

As I remember plus is just phpBB that has a bunch of mods added so the phpBB2 importer should be ok for that ?
                        Thank you for your quick reply, and yes, I also thought that.
                        Still I'm experiencing some huge difficulties, which Iíll describe in a separate thread, so I wonít mess up this one.
                        www.letsgather.com - Message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
                        www.paganfolk.net - Green is the new black.
                        www.die16-clan.com - Covering Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Comment

• need a importer for tango11
                          | http://foxpawhosting.com
                          | http://darkaeongraphic.com
                          |

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitomi View Post
                            need a importer for tango11
                            What kind of system is it, do you have a link to the home page ?
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

What kind of system is it, do you have a link to the home page ?
                              http://tango11.com/ heres the site )
                              | http://foxpawhosting.com
                              | http://darkaeongraphic.com
                              |

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitomi View Post
                                http://tango11.com/ heres the site )
                                Ok, though I will need a copy of the source data.
                                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X