API Key location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Key location

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I can't find an answer and both API and Key are too short to search on. I'm running vb 3.8.6 (owned) and don't wish to upgrade to 4 for financial reasons (small Mom support group that doesn't generate any income) . I purchased the facebook app (which said it works with the 3.8 forum) and in reviewing the setup I need my API Key. The instructions say "API Key: This information is displayed in your vBulletin Administrative Control Panel, under 'vBulletin API'. If you do not have this information, please go to your vBulletin Admin Control Panel."

I have gone to my VBulletin Admin Control Panel and can't se "vBulletin API" anywhere. It's been a while since we set up our forums and don't regularly go in to customize or work the Admin panel, so I'm admittedly a bit rusty.

Can someone direct me where the vBulletin API can be found?

Thanks!
    Laura

Site Admin of www.TheAmericanMommy.com and a local mommy group site. Both are Free groups open to moms.

It will appear in the bottom left navigation under Maintenance within the Admin CP. You have to import the MAPI 1.4.3 product for your version first though. You can download that in your member's area. Should be a link under Mobile Publisher.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

And further research answered my own question. I was trying to have all of the information at hand before I started, but I see the Mobile API key is required to be installed on the 3.8 system in order to generate the needed API key. I imagine once I do that, the vBulletin API will be easy to find.
      Laura

Site Admin of www.TheAmericanMommy.com and a local mommy group site. Both are Free groups open to moms.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X