Facebook Like and Send Look Terrible When Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Like and Send Look Terrible When Used

Using the like or send button gives undesired results... When used they look ugly. The send button just displays the URL twice...

Click image for larger version

Name:	like.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	3722762

Click image for larger version

Name:	send.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	3722763

is it after upgrade? it does look ugly. hope some admin replies..
    Muslim Forum

Comment

This is new functionality found in the latest release. We have slated improvements to the look and feel for the next release.

Comment

Is there a way to disable these buttons in the mean time?

Comment

There is no push button way to do so, although I suppose you could modify the code to strip it out. Is not having the functionality at all really better than the current functionality?

Comment

As soon as someone clicks these mystery links they are immediately confronted with an auth screen. Sure they can skip it but they had no idea what they were clicking in the first place. In most peoples minds they are thinking mystery-link-with-no-title-or-description + auth screen = spam. That's if they even click through to begin with. I know I wouldn't.

The way I see it I have no use for these buttons in their current state and would like them disabled. I have already had to wrestle with the facebook meta tags on my main site just to get a description to show up on Facebook. Now here I am again. No thanks.

If there is a way to disable these buttons I would appreciate knowing how to do so.
            Last edited by xertox; Thu 9th Feb '12, 10:33am.

Comment

Originally posted by xertox View Post
              As soon as someone clicks these mystery links they are immediately confronted with an auth screen. Sure they can skip it but they had no idea what they were clicking in the first place. In most peoples minds they are thinking mystery-link-with-no-title-or-description + auth screen = spam. That's if they even click through to begin with. I know I wouldn't.

The way I see it I have no use for these buttons in their current state and would like them disabled. I have already had to wrestle with the facebook meta tags on my main site just to get a description to show up on Facebook. Now here I am again. No thanks.

If there is a way to disable these buttons I would appreciate knowing how to do so.
              See my previous answer.

There is no push button way to do so, although I suppose you could modify the code to strip it out.

Comment

This is in the tracker: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBF-501

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
                Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

Originally posted by tpearl5 View Post
                  Voted and watching. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I just voted for this fix. What is sprint backlog 1.3? I'm using 4.1.11 now...

Comment

The Facebook app has its own version number, unique to the softawre and not at all tied to vBulletin's forum/suite verisoniong.

Comment