Tabs - Discover, Explore, Forums and changing the default tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabs - Discover, Explore, Forums and changing the default tab

When accessing the app the first page that comes up is the "discover" tab of blogs and photos. I don't plan on having either blogs or photos on my forum so that page is not applicable to me. I suppose there's no option to remove that tab?

More importantly, it would be great if the default tab that first appears when people access my app is the forum tab, can I edit anything for that to happen?

Originally posted by canaryforum View Post
    When accessing the app the first page that comes up is the "discover" tab of blogs and photos. I don't plan on having either blogs or photos on my forum so that page is not applicable to me. I suppose there's no option to remove that tab?

More importantly, it would be great if the default tab that first appears when people access my app is the forum tab, can I edit anything for that to happen?
    I'd suggest making an improvement request for this. https://tracker.vbulletin.com

Photos actually will pull any photos on your site, not just albums. So if you have social group photos or attachments, those will get pulled in.

-- DISCLAIMER: BELOW CODE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED, MODIFY AT YOUR OWN RISK --

If you really want to have the forums tab open by default, go to index.php and edit the line which has:

include('category_list.php');

and change it to:

include('forums.php');

Comment

Thanks for that. I can't get on to that tracker link but it would be a good idea during the app set-up process to be able to choose what goes on the discover tab for things like blogs, photos, busy threads, latest threads maybe even todays active members and so on, especially when the forum license doesn't actually come with the blog. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry! Tried now and I am in, the page just hang before on all browsers but is OK now. Improvement request added.

Comment