Clear All

• sweetpotato
    replied
    Looking forward to the next FB app release

Leave a comment:

• the1
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle Furlong View Post
    We had planned to release the next update before Christmas, but an issue came up that required changes in vB, which are included in 4.1.10. Once 4.1.10 is out our next FB App release should shortly follow.
    Thanks for updating Kyle!

Leave a comment:

• Kyle Furlong
    replied
    Originally posted by the1 View Post
    When can we expect an update to the facebook app software?
    We had planned to release the next update before Christmas, but an issue came up that required changes in vB, which are included in 4.1.10. Once 4.1.10 is out our next FB App release should shortly follow.

Leave a comment:

• the1
    replied
    When can we expect an update to the facebook app software?

Leave a comment:

• fxm
    replied
    Thanks for the clarifications.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by fxm View Post
    How does this work with new members? I.e., if a new user signs in with Facebook onto a forum, are you saying even then email isn't used? If it's not used, then how would the new member confirm registration? How would I email them important updates? Etc...
    It isn't relevant to connect a single user's two accounts. For new registrations, it would pull the email from the Facebook account.

Leave a comment:

• fxm
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Email address is irrelevant.
    How does this work with new members? I.e., if a new user signs in with Facebook onto a forum, are you saying even then email isn't used? If it's not used, then how would the new member confirm registration? How would I email them important updates? Etc...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by fxm View Post
    Cool, thanks.

Also, what happens to those current members if they try logging in with their facebook account? For example, if their facebook email address is different to their original membership email address, I'm guessing vB has no way of knowing it's the same user, so are you gonna get two different accounts for one person?

How does vB resolve this issue?
    They should log into your forum using their username and password. Then they can click the "Facebook Connect" button. vBulletin will associate their Facebook User ID with their vBulletin User ID and keep track of it. Email address is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• fxm
    replied
    Cool, thanks.

Also, what happens to those current members if they try logging in with their facebook account? For example, if their facebook email address is different to their original membership email address, I'm guessing vB has no way of knowing it's the same user, so are you gonna get two different accounts for one person?

How does vB resolve this issue?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    As long as they have the box checked to publish to facebook, yes.

Leave a comment:

• fxm
    replied
    Right, get that now, thanks.

So once they login with their facebook account into the vB forum, does this then mean any new threads created in the forum will be mentioned automatically on their FB wall?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If they login with facebook, it creates an account in the vBulletin software with their facebook auth info.

Leave a comment:

• fxm
    replied
    I still don't get the benefit of this facebook integration. If users can login to a forum with their facebook account, won't this limit the number of actual registrations?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I would imagineb ecause there was minimal effort to make it compatable since most of the work that is done is from the vBulletin API.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    I don't want to get flack for asking but it's a very legitimate question. Why was yet more time and effort spent in making this app compatible with VB 3, a product that has supposedly been dead for more than 2 years? There is far more in VB 4 and other products that need much work and should take priority over this.

Leave a comment: