Search not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search not working

I installed the FB app on my other site today and at first the search was working. Now, not changing any other settings, search is not working.

Here's a quick test I did:
    • If I search for something in the fb app nothing is returned. "Nothing to display." is shown
    • If I search for the same term on the site results are shown.
    • If I copy the search id to the app from the site, the same results are shown. For example, if on the site the search ID is 100,000 (search.php?searchid=100000) and I copy that number over to the FB app (category_stream.php?category=Search_All_1000000) the same results are shown in the FB app as on the site.
    • If I copy the ID from the FB app to the site, no matches are found (despite being a common search term)

This is the output from the API for search_process:
    Code:
    {"response":{"errormessage":"search"},"show":{"canviewforums":1,"canviewcalendar":1,"foruminfo":0,"threadinfo":0,"passwordexpired":0,"facebookuser":0,"fb_opengraph":1,"notices":1,"dismiss_link":0,"notifications":0,"canpostitems":0,"searchid":487996}}
    So this indicates to me that the search term isn't being passed from the FB app through the API.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

I noticed something very strange:
    • I removed settings from the "Facebook App Options" plugin
    • logged out of FB and back in - refreshed the app
    • The search worked
    • I restored the settings in Facebook App Options
    • logged out of FB and back in again - refreshed the app
    • Search didn't work

I tested this a couple times in the same order with the same results.

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X