Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    What browser do you have installed on the XP machine?

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    well wanna donate old computer to a good home my kids could use a good computer for homework

Leave a comment:

• CPOWA
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
    As in URL app is gonna be such as https://apps.facebook.com/thefafclan
    Hi Steve,

Once again, thank you for your input. The app url wasn't my problem. It seems something on my XP machine is causing the problem. After tinkering with this last night for several hours with no success, I fired up my Win7 machine and the FB interface works fine. It's a sad day to see the ole XP box chugging along and having problems like this, but it's getting to the point where repairing/upgrading it doesn't make sense. Guess I'm going to have to switch over to the win7 machine I built a couple of years ago. I got allot of mileage out of the old AMD/K8V box. Over ten years! It's almost like losing an old friend lol!

Regards,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Martin W. Lotz III
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin W. Lotz III View Post
    Yes ... when I login to vbulletin I am connected to facebook but when I go to facebook the app displays no content.

When I try to "Login" or "Register" both options give the message "Unable to complete registration at this time, please try again later."

Thanks for your help
    Problem fixed! The Site URL I had pointing to domainname.com/forum which is not my root folder. Once I pointed it to the correct location and uploaded the revised app it worked!

App is working like a charm now

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    Originally posted by CPOWA View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by app url. Where does that go and where does it come from? I've never put one into the ACP and my app info on FB does not have an app url. I did check the ACP to make sure the app id and secret key are the same.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56770[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
    Paul
    As in URL app is gonna be such as https://apps.facebook.com/thefafclan

Leave a comment:

• CPOWA
    replied
    Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by app url. Where does that go and where does it come from? I've never put one into the ACP and my app info on FB does not have an app url. I did check the ACP to make sure the app id and secret key are the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pec_fb_app_info.gif
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	3686140

Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    Originally posted by CPOWA View Post
    Facebook no longer works from my site. It was working, but then it just stopped. I upgraded to 4.1.8 to see if that would help, but it didn't. This is a very important tool for me since I'm using vbulletin as a Customer Care Service Center. We go live Jan 1. Help!

app url??

Leave a comment:

• CPOWA
    replied
    Facebook no longer works from my site. It was working, but then it just stopped. I upgraded to 4.1.8 to see if that would help, but it didn't. This is a very important tool for me since I'm using vbulletin as a Customer Care Service Center. We go live Jan 1. Help!

Leave a comment:

• Martin W. Lotz III
    replied
    Yes ... when I login to vbulletin I am connected to facebook but when I go to facebook the app displays no content.

When I try to "Login" or "Register" both options give the message "Unable to complete registration at this time, please try again later."

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Have you 'Connected' your forum account with your Facebook account?

Leave a comment:

• Martin W. Lotz III
    replied
    It works ... sorta

It's been about 24 hours since I started working on this and everything seems to be working ...

SSL ... Check
    Facebook App ... Check
    vBulletin Product ... Check
    Facebook Connect ... working

However... when I go to the facebook app on facebook it asks for you to login or register. I can't get it to login at all --AND-- the Facebook app does not load any content from the site. I can't find any errors to begin to troubleshoot this.

I'm hoping someone has been through this before and can help me straighten it out! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bcilloniz
    replied
    Hello trevor, finally I fixed the facebook connect problem with my forum. I just had to add my url site, my canvas url, and my safe canvas or something like that in the lower fileds of my app. I thaught Facebook would tell me if that was the mistake, but didn`t tell me to do it.

Thank you very much for your support.

Bruno

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If it's not saving in Facebook, then it's an issue you'll need to take up with Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• bcilloniz
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Enter your domain in the Facebook settings - it's currently blank. Does this make it work? Please note that this forum is for problems with the Facebook APP,not Facebook Connect - please post future FB Connect issues in the main vB4 Troubleshooting forum.
    Hello Trevor; I know the domaind field is blank, but I have written it and saved it many times, and when I save changes, the domain dessapears again, and a facebook message tell me that changes will take some time to be in all servers.

The truth is that my facebook connect is still dead. żDo you know if the domain should be visible?

Sorry for posting in the incorrect forum. You can erase my posts here; and I have recentlu create a new thread where you told me.

Thanks again for your help.

Originally posted by Big-K View Post
    After hours of scratching my head over the "Internal Server Error" thing, I finally got it to work. BAsically all I did was change the File ownership and permissions. The files were FTP'd with permission set to 'nobody'. I hope this helps someone.
    Dear Big K; I will try doing what you did... Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Big-K
    replied
    After hours of scratching my head over the "Internal Server Error" thing, I finally got it to work. BAsically all I did was change the File ownership and permissions. The files were FTP'd with permission set to 'nobody'. I hope this helps someone.

Leave a comment: