Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New users registration - list of questions (all related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Whats the Bug ID?

Leave a comment:

• AbingdonEd
    replied
    I am having the same issue on a clean install fo 4.1.8 I see there is a patch in the ticket system for this issue. Can someone tell me how to apply that patch?

Or do I just cut and paste it into the .js file?

Leave a comment:

• Kyle Furlong
    replied
    It'd be appreciated if you could file this as an issue in our tracker.

Leave a comment:

• valerios
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle Furlong View Post
    4, 5. I'm not sure I follow what happened here, but if you registered from Facebook and that account is not linked on the forum, it's a bug, and you should report it as such. Can you reproduce this?
    Of course i can...
    1. Create a new facebook user (note this user it does not exist on the forum);
    2. go to the facebook app page to dowload the app.
    3. install the app on the profile
    4. proceed with the signup a new user.
    5. Confirm the email
    6. go to the forum and try to login via the fconnect button.
    7. OR try to connect via facebook app

Leave a comment:

• Kyle Furlong
    replied
    Originally posted by valerios View Post
    Hello

I try to register a new user via the facebook App:
    1. It ask for email field wich it should take directly form the facebook account (it does but i did not catch the point to confirm)
    2. My facebook testing profile doesn't have a birthday date, but the signup settings on my forum require the birthday.
      Result: it appear an error of birthday field is empty, wich is correct but if on facebook is not compulsory it shouldn't be compulsory also for the forum Signup, so it should take if present and ignore if not present.
    3. ...I take off the compulsory request of birthday and i proceed... the app advice me to confirm with a click on the email.
      It is correct too, but due the reason that if someone has a facebook profile, the email is already verified from facebook so is a step that if we avoid the registration will proceed nice and smooth.
    4. ...(forum side) CASE 1: I validate the email by copying the link in the browser address... the email where validated but i'm not logged in, so i can log in via username and password -> the password is not reckonized i have to reset the password -> password resetted, logged in but... the profile is not connected with Facebook profile but instead of "Hello Valerio" there is hello $bbuserinfo[username].
    5. ... (forum side) CASE 2: The email where validated but i decide to login via facebook connect...-> the forum understand that at the sametime i have a facebook profile opened and it ask me to proceed with a new registration or to connect with facebook.
      It should reconize me with my facebook account and give the direct access with the profile that I registered form the facebook app.
      It is clear that the facebook app and the facebook connect are not linked but they are two separated apps, it should be correct to avoid allowing the facebook app to override and have the same functionality of the facebook connect app, so upload profile info, profile pictures, and so on.
    So:
    there are problem during the registration, it does not save the password
    the registration does not complete the profile so further action needs.
    1. Confirmation is not required, if you feel it should be, add an improvement request in JIRA.
    2. This is being fixed in the next release.
    3. We will not be removing the current forum owner's requirements for registration verification or moderation. If you feel there should be a setting for the Facebook App to avoid email confirmation or moderation, add an improvement request in JIRA.
    4, 5. I'm not sure I follow what happened here, but if you registered from Facebook and that account is not linked on the forum, it's a bug, and you should report it as such. Can you reproduce this?

Leave a comment:

• valerios
    started a topic New users registration - list of questions (all related)

New users registration - list of questions (all related)

Hello

I try to register a new user via the facebook App:
    1. It ask for email field wich it should take directly form the facebook account (it does but i did not catch the point to confirm)
    2. My facebook testing profile doesn't have a birthday date, but the signup settings on my forum require the birthday.
      Result: it appear an error of birthday field is empty, wich is correct but if on facebook is not compulsory it shouldn't be compulsory also for the forum Signup, so it should take if present and ignore if not present.
    3. ...I take off the compulsory request of birthday and i proceed... the app advice me to confirm with a click on the email.
      It is correct too, but due the reason that if someone has a facebook profile, the email is already verified from facebook so is a step that if we avoid the registration will proceed nice and smooth.
    4. ...(forum side) CASE 1: I validate the email by copying the link in the browser address... the email where validated but i'm not logged in, so i can log in via username and password -> the password is not reckonized i have to reset the password -> password resetted, logged in but... the profile is not connected with Facebook profile but instead of "Hello Valerio" there is hello $bbuserinfo[username].
    5. ... (forum side) CASE 2: The email where validated but i decide to login via facebook connect...-> the forum understand that at the sametime i have a facebook profile opened and it ask me to proceed with a new registration or to connect with facebook.
      It should reconize me with my facebook account and give the direct access with the profile that I registered form the facebook app.
      It is clear that the facebook app and the facebook connect are not linked but they are two separated apps, it should be correct to avoid allowing the facebook app to override and have the same functionality of the facebook connect app, so upload profile info, profile pictures, and so on.
    So:
    there are problem during the registration, it does not save the password
    the registration does not complete the profile so further action needs.