Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xlguy
    replied
    I guess we're cross posting here. But just so others are aware of what appears to be the situation: When vBulletin first released this app you were able to easily add it to a Facebook page tab - indeed, there is a long thread showing people with vBulletin app on their Facebook business pages. However, if you purchased your app now (like I did) then you're out of luck as this is no longer supported. : As you can see, I've been a vB customer for 10 years and pretty disappointed that something which worked originally is now not officially a feature of the product.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    As per your other thread, adding the app to pages is nothing to do with vBulletin - that's something you do yourself.

Leave a comment:

• xlguy
    replied
    All I can add at this stage is that the support for this *paid* product is next to nothing. As if often the case, it's assumed that any issues are due to customer mistake! Facebook have changed the way you add apps to pages since vBulletin released this app and it seems vBulletin are not prepared to update their instructions.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    It's like your forum but embedded into facebook. That's all there is to it. It's aimed at fb-ers who prefer a walled garden than the wild-west-web imo. I don't use fb but there are people who have to broadcast their every interaction/thought and this helps them in that aim.

Also a handy way for ib to introduce(or market) themselves to all your fb friends (and perhaps friends of friends) and grow their own network.

Leave a comment:

• xlguy
    replied
    Glad I'm not the only one that's annoyed with the lack of instructions about integrating the vB app in to Facebook!

Seems like vB staff have forgotten about this after the initial excitement?

Leave a comment:

• studify
    replied
    Hey there,
    I've purchased the App last week, so far I see many issues which need to be fixed/many key features missing.

First of all, the App displays "Friend Forums" (can't be disabled this time) which I just don't understand... I mean this is my forum and my application, I don't need a showcase for any other especially after paying $99. Please vote for the Option to disable vBulletin Social Networking Services.

But the main point is, that vBulletin doesn't seem to understand what social networking is all about. I'm missing a really (!) working Like/Send Button with Thread Title and Thread Desc, a function to invite friends through the application, many options to customize what to be displayed, and many more.

The documentation could be better as well, for example there is no explanation on how to add the application to a business site etc.

I hope vBulletin is listening to their customers and will offer upgrades soon.

All the best from Austria,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• xlguy
    replied
    I purchased this late last week and it's not been easy. The instructions don't seem overly good (for example the app building wizard states you need vB4.1.2 which is incorrect!). Also there are no instruction on how to add integrate your vB Facebook app to your FB page - the vBulletin instructions (when you find the .pdf) just stop after you've uploaded the app.

Leave a comment:

• princesspepper
    replied
    I have been looking at the app with the intention to purchase, however the lack of decent feedback from current users is concerning. Also, I joined the VB forum on Facebook and although the app shows on my PC when I login, I can't see it when I login to FB mobile on my iPhone. Is there a reason for this, as I would have thought it was quite an important feature, as most FB users access it from their mobiles... I can't see the app driving more forum traffic our way unless it's mobile compatible these days...

Leave a comment:

• motoxer311
    replied
    Not buying it until I hear good stories about it.. My forum is going down hill with Facebook taking over the world..

Leave a comment:

• The Wedge
    replied
    Well where are the success stories? I just bought this and plan to install tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle Furlong
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Think he was asking monraisse to elaborate on 'doesn't work that good for me'.
    Correct, this kind of review isn't very useful for people to make a decision on the product. It's what we would call FUD.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by stevectaylor View Post
    In relation to promotion of the forums and interaction.
    Think he was asking monraisse to elaborate on 'doesn't work that good for me'.

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle Furlong View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    In relation to promotion of the forums and interaction.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle Furlong
    replied
    Originally posted by monraisse View Post
    Doesn't work that good for me, would be pleased to know other's opinions too
    Can you elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• monraisse
    replied
    Doesn't work that good for me, would be pleased to know other's opinions too

Leave a comment: