site.com/apps/fb/ ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site.com/apps/fb/ ???

I am stuck here.... I do not have these files if that is what is supposed to be there...
    I just had to setup the SSL for the first time, and going threw all this new fanged web-hosting/networking stuff and turned my head to mush!!!

please help or point to the answer. thanks in advance!

You need to build your app in the Members Area, then download it.

Extract the files, then upload them to the location you defined.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      You need to build your app in the Members Area, then download it.

Extract the files, then upload them to the location you defined.
      oooohhhhhh Thanks m8! <3

One last question... Once you have made your app it can not be changed? such as the colors add/deleting ad's, etc??

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
        oooohhhhhh Thanks m8! <3
        No problemo.

(Don't forget to import product-vbfbfriends.xml .. I forgot that on one of mine and it was doing my head in. )
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

One last question... Once you have made your app it can not be changed? such as the colors add/deleting ad's, etc??

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
            Nope, you can change it. Just rebuild it in the members area (or edit config.php directly if you know what you are doing.).

Comment

Nope, you can change it. Just rebuild it in the members area (or edit config.php directly if you know what you are doing.).
              Thanks again! 1+ Rep for you!

Comment

ok I did everything needed but the product-vbfriends.xml because when I try and login to my admincp I get directed to my FB page with an "An error occurred with Reefpost. Please try again later."
                I can't get you my site at all without getting the FB error...

Comment

That's odd.

You didn't by any chance upload the app files into your admincp, overwriting the admincp/index.php file with the app one?

*edit* or root?

Comment

That's odd.

You didn't by any chance upload the app files into your admincp, overwriting the admincp/index.php file with the app one?

*edit* or root?
                    I made two folders "apps" and "fb" with fb inside of apps and apps inside root
                    so its at reefpost.com/apps/fb/

Comment

I don't get redirected.. have you tried a new browser session?

*edit* Those directories are correct. It sounded as if your admincp login was being hijacked by the fb app.

Comment

www.reefpost.com works for you? hum, strange!

Comment

ok, it seems to have fixed itself.. I think fb did hijack it for a bit, thanks m8!
                          couldn't of done it without ya!

Works!
                          http://apps.facebook.com/reefpost/

Comment

Well since adding this app thingy, the FB icon at the top of a default vb install doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

Comment

As long as you didn't change the 'Website' part in the Developers tab on FB, or the FB Connect stuff in your AdminCP, that shouldn't happen.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X