X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hewitt
    replied
    Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
    It's very easy to.... ahem... modify this part out of the app. Also - your users can opt-out of this. Explicitly in the fb publisher - there is not an off switch, because we do see a great benefit in this.
    With all due respect as I'm sure you've spent a lot of time on this. It's not for you to decide if your customers should or should not use any particular aspect. There should be on / off switches for every part. Everyone's website is different and everyone has different requirements, you should respect this.

Leave a comment:

• UncoderMom
    replied
    I do understand that it will be useful to some just getting started, so I don't think its a terrible feature. It's just not for me.

Leave a comment:

• IBxAnders
    replied
    Originally posted by UncoderMom View Post
    Off switch, please. It is not good business practice to force competitors on people and charge them to do it. I'd rather forgo any possible exposure that it would bring me. If there is no off button... I think you should provide; at the very least, clear removal instructions.

Other-wise, I'm extremely pleased with the APP and its future promise!
    Thank you for the feedback and using the Beta FB App.

Leave a comment:

• UncoderMom
    replied
    Off switch, please. It is not good business practice to force competitors on people and charge them to do it. I'd rather forgo any possible exposure that it would bring me. If there is no off button... I think you should provide; at the very least, clear removal instructions.

Other-wise, I'm extremely pleased with the APP and its future promise!

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
    It's very easy to.... ahem... modify this part out of the app. Also - your users can opt-out of this. Explicitly in the fb publisher - there is not an off switch, because we do see a great benefit in this.
    Thanks Anders!

My advice (it's not worth anything ), add that to the announcement as I know that this was a stickler for a lot of people (me included).

Leave a comment:

• IBxAnders
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    started a topic "Social Network"

"Social Network"

Is there going to be a way for us to opt out of the "Social Network"? I'm willing to bet that this will be the deciding factor for many on not to get it.

Your community becomes an active part of the vast vBulletin Social Network, promoting your site to Facebook friends of your members, as well as people using the vBulletin application to access other vBulletin communities
    This sounds nice and all but it's pretty easy to read between the lines. Why would I want to promote other forums on my app and don't tell me that it's because in return I also get my forum promoted, that's a bunch of hogwash. I wouldn't really care that this option be available however it needs to be just that, an option. Basically if you want to be in the "Social Network" you can be.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X