• Show
Clear All

• swiftor
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• IBxAnders
    replied
    1) Will this app be a tab I can add to my existing established Facebook Fanpage?
    Facebook fan pages are not supporting "tabs" any longer, but your app can be linked via the dashboard left side-navigation menu.

2) Will the app make it easy for users with existing accounts on my forum to connect their Facebook account? (Ex. "Already a member? Click here to connect FB to your account!")
    We are working on improving the login authentication process; currently - the application displays an error message advising the user to "facebook connect" on the forum (web app) if they've not already done so. This is a bit confusing and we are working on improving this.

3) Will it be easy for members to turn off the viral functions of the app (posting to their feed when they post to the forums). While I'd love for everyones activity to hit their newsfeed, there will be plenty of people who want to use the app without this happening, and I'm fine with that.
    Yes, users can opt-out of any connectivity with the "Friends' Forums" network by going into UserCP and setting an option to "No. By default, content is NOT pushed to the newsfeed, but a simple check box to push content to a newsfeed is provided when creating new posts / replies. Your app will be promoted/recommended to your users' friends via the activity stream on the top right side - this is controlled in your Facebook App settings page.

4) Since I've enabled Facebook Connect for my own forums already - there is an app defined - that is separate from my Fan Page. What relationship will the application ID used for my forum have with this app, if any?
    Facebook Connect id is used to create a login; the app and facebook connect app rely on this connection. I believe that it is actually possible to re-use the same Facebook Connect information - but this contaminates your Facebook Insights reporting for your Facebook App; in essence it pollutes your analytics.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I've pointed the thread out to him. He'll look at it when he gets a chance.

Leave a comment:

• swiftor
    replied
    Hi Wayne,

Do you think Mike might have a chance to check out and reply to this thread in the near future? I know he, like you and the rest of the staff, must be really busy.

It's just that knowing the answer to these now will help me make better marketing decisions (should I still be marketing our fanpage as much, or save my 'oomph' for when this is released).

Thanks!

Joseph

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by swiftor View Post
    Thanks, for #2, I mean if they have an account on my forums but are NOT facebook connected. Will it be easy for them to connect their FB right then and there?
    I see. I can't answer that but logically there should be a link in the app to provide for that connection.

Leave a comment:

• swiftor
    replied
    Thanks, for #2, I mean if they have an account on my forums but are NOT facebook connected. Will it be easy for them to connect their FB right then and there?

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    2) If they are Connected via Facebook on your site, it will automatically recognize them when they visit. They won't need to register.

I've asked Mike Anders to review and provide any other answers that he can at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    2) If they are Connected via Facebook on your site, it will automatically recognize them when they visit. They won't need to register.

I've asked Mike Anders to review and provide any other answers that he can at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Questions about how the app will work with existing fan page and users

Hi, I'm really excited about the new Facebook app. I think it'll really help build and retain community if done right.

So here are my questions:

1) Will this app be a tab I can add to my existing established Facebook Fanpage?

2) Will the app make it easy for users with existing accounts on my forum to connect their Facebook account? (Ex. "Already a member? Click here to connect FB to your account!")

3) Will it be easy for members to turn off the viral functions of the app (posting to their feed when they post to the forums). While I'd love for everyones activity to hit their newsfeed, there will be plenty of people who want to use the app without this happening, and I'm fine with that.

4) Since I've enabled Facebook Connect for my own forums already - there is an app defined - that is separate from my Fan Page. What relationship will the application ID used for my forum have with this app, if any?

Thanks, really looking forward to hearing more about this feature.
    Last edited by swiftor; Mon 26 Sep '11, 10:39am.