Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpearl5
    replied
    IB's focus right now is specifically on vb5. My guess is they won't get back around to this until the new CMS and Blogs are built, but by then they are going to need a whole new FB product.

In other words, spend time on your community and content, not on frivolous addons that only look good on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    replied
    Facebook has all but killed several forum communities.... I've been watching this topic closely because I was hoping that there would be an update. I find the idea of a Facebook app wonderful and would love to purchase this add-on for my forum, but until there's an update and at least SOME of the issues I've read about, my money will remain in my wallet. Are there ANY plans to update the app?

Leave a comment:

• sweetpotato
    replied
    I think only few people buying this include me. So vb ignore it. This app is useless and waste of money.

Leave a comment:

• dadymac
    replied
    yes, bug, opened in late august 2012 - VBF-568.

main frustrating part is that I know it sees the forum, since its pulling the profile fields if you want to register an account. but it doesnt let you log in / see any forums.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I do see an older ticket but it was from mid-February this year, not "over half a year" ago. If there is an older one please provide the ticket id so we can investigate.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    By ticket I'm assuming you mean Bug Report as you don't have any outstanding tickets other than the one you replied to today. Unfortunately, regarding your Bug Report Lawrence's reply applies

Leave a comment:

• dadymac
    replied
    spent $100 bucks of my orgs money for nothing so far. cant even get it to work and my ticket has been ignored for over half a year.

Leave a comment:

• tpearl5
    replied
    Thank you for responding Lawrence. I hope so too, since at this point I can't get a refund.

I'm shocked to see that it's even still for sale. You don't see other companies selling broken products. It's a slap in the face to customers.

Leave a comment:

• the1
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawrence Cole View Post
    Originally posted by tpearl5 View Post
    I purchased two Facebook App licenses with the expectation that they would be continually improved and updated. Unfortunately this is not the case. I've been using vBulletin since the early days and have never been so disappointed in a new product. It has turned out to be an absolute waste of time and money. I hope something is done to at least fix outstanding bugs and address some basic usability concerns.
    tpearl5, you're right in that we area very behind with FB App development. I'm sorry that the app has been such a disappointment. Hopefully we can begin to shift more resources back to it soon.
    That's not really the point though Lawrence is it.

You decided to introduce a new App to the marketplace which is able to integrate your forum into Facebook. Updates and support should be forthcoming.

If there are not enough resources to be able to support the Facebook Application because these people are being used to help produce vB4 or 5, then why was the Facebook App created to begin with?

Everyone's time and effort that was spent originally creating the Facebook App could have been spent on improving vB4 and 5.

You have just wasted time. You have wasted your developers time and you have wasted your customers time.

Leave a comment:

• Lawrence Cole
    replied
    Originally posted by tpearl5 View Post
    I purchased two Facebook App licenses with the expectation that they would be continually improved and updated. Unfortunately this is not the case. I've been using vBulletin since the early days and have never been so disappointed in a new product. It has turned out to be an absolute waste of time and money. I hope something is done to at least fix outstanding bugs and address some basic usability concerns.
    tpearl5, you're right in that we area very behind with FB App development. I'm sorry that the app has been such a disappointment. Hopefully we can begin to shift more resources back to it soon.

Leave a comment:

• sweetpotato
    replied
    I also waste 100$ and a lot of time for this

Leave a comment:

• tpearl5
    started a topic Seriously disappointed with FB App

Seriously disappointed with FB App

I purchased two Facebook App licenses with the expectation that they would be continually improved and updated. Unfortunately this is not the case. The application was made and then seemingly abandoned after a short time. There hasn't been an update in over a year. It's almost as if someone at the top said "We need a FB app!" then someone slapped something together just to say "We have a FB app!". Forget about synergy and user experience. At this point numerous features are broken or not complete and you cannot even scroll with the latest Facebook graph interface. (JIRA entry here)

Furthermore, this kind of sloppiness contributes to the decline in customer satisfaction and confidence in a company to provide quality products. I've been using vBulletin since the early days and have never been so disappointed in a new product. It has turned out to be an absolute waste of time and money.

I hope something is done to at least fix outstanding bugs and address some basic usability concerns.

Last edited by Mark.B; Thu 4 Apr '13, 2:01am.