Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redirects not working: Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirects not working: Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Hi, I have a problem when logging in to the forum or logging in to the admin cp.

Logging in to the forum or admincp, I get the "thank you for logging in, username" but the screen stays there and I have to click "Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you"

Another strange behavior, if I go in to something like user group manager, when I select anything and try to press the GO button, it doesn't do anything.

This behavior occurs on modern browsers - Chrome and Firefox. On Internet Explorer, things work normally - you don't have to "click here"

Today I tried resetting the cookie domain using tools.php , but that did not help.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

This is on vbulletin 4.2.5

The software uses Javascript to do this. Make sure you're not blocking any Javascript.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne. Unfortunately that isn't the issue, I checked and javascript is enabled in both browsers. Additionally, I tried Safari (desktop), Brave and Opera, same result.

Comment

Originally posted by slickdawg View Post
        Thanks Wayne. Unfortunately that isn't the issue, I checked and javascript is enabled in both browsers. Additionally, I tried Safari (desktop), Brave and Opera, same result.
        Is this just happening for yourself or other users too?

Comment

I've checked with a couple of others, they have the same problem.

Comment

I've checked with a couple of others, they have the same problem.
            Did this problem start occurring after changes you made or did it start happening after a desktop machine update?

Have you tried it on an iPad using Safari?

Comment

Your site has a Javascript error caused by your servers Content Security Policy. You can see this by loading the site in any Chromium based browser, pressing F12, and then clicking on the Console tab. Since this error is occurring on the main vBulletin 4.X javascript file, I am surprised that any of the Javascript works.

You may be able to get around this by setting the Remote Javascript options to None in the AdminCP under Settings > Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

That's something I just can't remember - it's been going on for some time. I'm thinking it may have been after we switched over to SSL a few years back, but I'm not 100% certain. Same issue on iPad safari.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Your site has a Javascript error caused by your servers Content Security Policy. You can see this by loading the site in any Chromium based browser, pressing F12, and then clicking on the Console tab. Since this error is occurring on the main vBulletin 4.X javascript file, I am surprised that any of the Javascript works.

You may be able to get around this by setting the Remote Javascript options to None in the AdminCP under Settings > Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options.
                  I just did a clean install of 4.2.5 to try and help see if its server related or vbulletin related, the problem followed the clean install. Let me check this on the server.

Comment

The server's content security policy is not controlled by vBulletin. It is controlled by the server.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      The server's content security policy is not controlled by vBulletin. It is controlled by the server.
                      Oh, I know, but I have access to both.

Sure enough, you found the problem! I added unsafe-eval, bounced apache and poof, the problem is gone. Guess I'll dig in and review the CSP.

Thank you Wayne, I appreciate the help! You too Bat21!

Comment

Oh, I know, but I have access to both.

Sure enough, you found the problem! I added unsafe-eval, bounced apache and poof, the problem is gone. Guess I'll dig in and review the CSP.

Thank you Wayne, I appreciate the help! You too Bat21!
                        Good to see you have got to the bottom of it with Wayne's help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X