X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    To be clear, you can have multiple domains that redirect to the same primary forum page. If you have multiple sub domains each redirecting to a different category or section, that is considered a separate forum and required a license for each.

It boils down to this: Are you displaying different content on each sub domain? If the answer is yes, each one needs its own license.
    Thank you, Mark. That should effectively stop his plans for that, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    To be clear, you can have multiple domains that redirect to the same primary forum page. If you have multiple sub domains each redirecting to a different category or section, that is considered a separate forum and required a license for each.

It boils down to this: Are you displaying different content on each sub domain? If the answer is yes, each one needs its own license.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    ...What does the client think he's going to accomplish with his plan?
    He runs a site where you can create a forum that becomes your space, complete with independent ACP though somewhat limited. I suppose he's thinking that people might like having the appearance of running their own website.

I'm not keen on making it happen, but it's his site, so....

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    Well technically you could redirect each subdomain to the original forum category without needing an additional license.

That said, it's a dumb idea from the start line. What does the client think he's going to accomplish with his plan?

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    That's not possible. For one thing you need a separate license for each unique domain.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    started a topic [Forum] Transform each forum into a subdomain?

Transform each forum into a subdomain?

A client of mine runs a rather large vB4 community, and he wants to make each forum a subdomain. Is that even possible? If so, how would I go about making that happen?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X