Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden Genesis
    replied
    Thank you for your help, I'll try to use the tutorial and train myself.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There are many tutorials on using phpMyAdmin available on the Web. Most cPanel based hosting providers offer one. Here is one tutorial on using phpMyAdmin to run queries on a database:

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/query/

Leave a comment:

• Eden Genesis
    replied
    The developper finally helped me but even with the mod update, I had to run a query in phpMyAdmin.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Things may be considered but only if they're in the Tracker as a Feature Request. That said, there's no guarantee that everything added there will be added to the software as there's plenty of sites where these add-ons would not be needed/used therefore it's simply bloating the software. They're probably best left as add-ons by third parties.

Leave a comment:

• Eden Genesis
    replied
    Thank you for your reply. I modified the PHP version and now everything work. I just have issues with installing some mods. I was wondering if you'll add some features of some mods in the future version of vbulletin 5.

I'm using vb 4 because it's an excellent platform for customization and many mods works on it. However, if vB 5 added many features like vBactivity; vB thanks, vB Donate, etc, it'd be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to make sure that you are using a version of PHP no higher than 7.1.33. vBulletin 4.X will not work on newer versions of PHP.

Reinstalling will delete all your data. You could simply uninstall the problematic addon under Hooks & Products -> Product Manager.

Leave a comment:

• Eden Genesis
    replied
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

Since DragonByte Tech customer service could not help me correct this problem, I decided to reinstall vBulletin.

The problem is that when I re-uploaded the vBulletin files and started the installation, I got the following error message:

HTML Code:
    Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+' / '-' will change in PHP 8: '+' / '-' will take a higher precedence in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5842

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 466

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 914

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4022

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 6965

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 1267

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 1267

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:5842) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 669

Deprecated: Function create_function () is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 434

Deprecated: Function create_function () is deprecated in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 434

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:5842) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 745

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edengene/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:5842) in /home/edengene/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 746
    How can I go about correcting these errors?
    I contacted my webhosting for help...

I might delete every files and just keep config.php and then re-upload vBulletin hoping it will work normally this time....

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    This is really something that Dragonbyte Tech should be helping with - we cannot provide support for third party add ons.

I would uninstall the add on completely at this point. You can then try installing it again.

Leave a comment:

• Eden Genesis
    replied
    How can I solve this issue?

I have reuploaded the file in the vBulletin, but there seems to be an error with all the plugins I install since the issue happened.
    What could have happened?

Should I reinstall vBulletin again?

Leave a comment:

• puertoblack2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Eden Genesis View Post
    Hello,

I am writing to you because I'm having a database error in vBulleton 4.2.5.

After importing the files then installing the .xml file of the "Advanced Registration" plugin from DragonByteTech, I first got the following error message:
    PHP Warning: mysqli_query (): (42S22 / 1054): Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' in .... / includes / class_core.php on line 1386

After the following new error appeared : Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO dbtech_registration_section (sectionid, title, description, displayorder) VALUES (1, 'Required Information', 'Required Fields', 1); MySQL Error: Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' Error Number: 1054

After reading my message, the developer then asked me to try running this query: ALTER TABLE dbtech_registration_section ADD displayorder INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

My host took care of it, but after importing the xml file again, the same error persists: Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO dbtech_registration_field (displayorder) VALUES (5); MySQL Error: Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' Error Number: 1054

As the developer still did not reply to my last message and the host of my forum replied that the problem came from a missing column, they could not help me further and advised me to contact you.

I typed the Error Number : 1054 on Google and noticed it's a known issue, generally happening when upgrading from vB 3 to vB4.

Anticipating your questions, here is some information that I think will help you find a solution to my problem: according to my cPanel, my PHP version is 7.3.6 and phpMyAdmin version is: 4.9.5. My host had to downgrade the php version so that I could install vB 4. I maintained this version because I have a lot of Mods purchased and it is the most customizable version. Hope you can help me find a solution to this problem which is significantly delaying the reopening of my forum after a long hiatus.
    you're missing the displayorder column in dbtech_registration in your database.

Leave a comment:

• Eden Genesis
    started a topic [Forum] Database error in vBulletin 4.2.5

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.5

Hello,

I am writing to you because I'm having a database error in vBulleton 4.2.5.

After importing the files then installing the .xml file of the "Advanced Registration" plugin from DragonByteTech, I first got the following error message:
    PHP Warning: mysqli_query (): (42S22 / 1054): Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' in .... / includes / class_core.php on line 1386

After the following new error appeared : Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO dbtech_registration_section (sectionid, title, description, displayorder) VALUES (1, 'Required Information', 'Required Fields', 1); MySQL Error: Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' Error Number: 1054

After reading my message, the developer then asked me to try running this query: ALTER TABLE dbtech_registration_section ADD displayorder INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

My host took care of it, but after importing the xml file again, the same error persists: Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO dbtech_registration_field (displayorder) VALUES (5); MySQL Error: Unknown column 'displayorder' in 'field list' Error Number: 1054

As the developer still did not reply to my last message and the host of my forum replied that the problem came from a missing column, they could not help me further and advised me to contact you.

I typed the Error Number : 1054 on Google and noticed it's a known issue, generally happening when upgrading from vB 3 to vB4.

Anticipating your questions, here is some information that I think will help you find a solution to my problem: according to my cPanel, my PHP version is 7.3.6 and phpMyAdmin version is: 4.9.5. My host had to downgrade the php version so that I could install vB 4. I maintained this version because I have a lot of Mods purchased and it is the most customizable version. Hope you can help me find a solution to this problem which is significantly delaying the reopening of my forum after a long hiatus.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X