Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gnrx
    replied
    At last I was able to solve it, I do not know the cause that caused the failure in the database, I had a backup of the database just before I started, but it would not even let me restore it, I suppose some table lock command or ... no I know ... so many things I looked at ...

So I reestablished a snap of this server from 3 days ago and after that, I was able to restore my database backup and return everything to normal.

I am scared to try again, I have looked at manuals but apparently ... or I did not look well or there is something wrong ...

I understand that the best option, mysql write to slave and vbulletin read from said slave, we balance resources.

I have seen in the zip of vbulletin a database backup script, maybe this won't stop the site when I do the backup, any thread about it?

As always thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Thanks Wayne,
    If all is correct, MySQL replicate to copy, and config.php read from replicate.

Well in the 1000 searches some type I made wrong, but a very wrong.....

I try to disabled all changes in my.cnf but the problem continue, if I go to my site, redirect to install folder ???

In phpmyadmin indicate the tables "In use" if I try to repair or other similar always indicate, tables doesnt exist in engine

I'm in a very, very hurry ... I don't know what to do ...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would use MySQL's replication to copy data from master to slave. They have documentation on how to do this on their site and there are probably a 1000 tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    vBulletin writes to the Master and reads from the Slave. MySQL's replication will copy the data from Master to Slave(s) independently of vBulletin.

Here is an overview of how replication works: What is MySQL Replication and How Does It Work? | DBA Diaries
    Ok, understand.
    If config the config.php file, then, vbulletin read in slave and writte in master, ok.
    But I need some config for "transfer" the new dates from master to slave, for this, I need configure mysql for work for master-slave, Its possible think option that MySQL's replication, true?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin writes to the Master and reads from the Slave. MySQL's replication will copy the data from Master to Slave(s) independently of vBulletin.

Here is an overview of how replication works: What is MySQL Replication and How Does It Work? | DBA Diaries

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Thanks Wayne!

If I understand well, only need to set the slave database in my /core/includes/config.pp, is than easy?
    But you indicate:
    "if you want to read from that database".

If I config/set my slave database in config.php, vbulletin only read?

Then, the new info, is written in master database, but...how is written in slave database?

Mi iddea is this, create slave "like" backup, if vbulletin can read from this, perfect, but its necessary the slave have the new dates from master.

Sorry if I said something obvious, it is something "new" for me ...

Regarding apache balancing, this is just to get your opinion:
    I have 3 apaches pointing to the same database, I have balanced it from cloudflare indicating the 3 ip's of the Apaches servers.
    I thought about this option since, the other option was:
    Having a server, it would swing to the other servers, but if it falls, they all fall.
    (this is just to know your opinion)

As always thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You only need to set the slave database in your /core/includes/config.php if you want vBulletin to read from that database. If you plan on doing all your reads and writes from the master database then it doesn't need to be set. MySQL should still handle the replication to create a backup database and backup logs.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    If it is not too much to ask...
    I followed your advice, I am currently balancing apache with different servers and a real wonder! I had not fallen, thought about it and ... I am delighted !!

However, I am looking at the slave database issue, to have a backup of the database.
    Whenever I run the backup of the database, either by ssh or by cron, the time it takes to make the backup ... the site cannot be accessed, no error, it just stays in "loading". It is as if the mysqldump "stopped" the database ...

That is why I was thinking about the option of configuring a slave database, to have it as a possible backup.

I've read a lot on the internet, you have to configure the master server, the slave server ... I still get a bit confused, but what "distracts" me the most is that, in the config.php we also have a section to configure the database slave.

So I understand that, once the master server and slave server have been configured with their configurations in /etc/my.cnf, then we must add the data of the slave database in the config.php with the slave user and password?

As always, thank you very much and ....
    The year that we have been, much more than ever, the best for next year !!
    Hug!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by gnrx View Post
    I did not know you could put several apache servers and a mysql, I currently have apache in one and mysql in another, the greatest load was taken by mysql, so now both are in an excellent load.
    This site uses multiple Apache virtual machines and a single MySQL server. vBulletin Cloud is similar but has different MySQL Servers for blocks of sites.

As always, thank you Wayne.
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Thanks Wayne,
    I think the same, I don't think I need to use replicas of the database, that must be very specific sites, in my case, I don't have thousands an hour. If you notice, as I mentioned, the difference in server load when I separated apache from mysql, there is a little lag, but insignificant (they are not in the same switch but they are very close, same provider).

Maybe to learn, it's worth reading, it's what I did these days, but I will not do tests using my forum ... hehehe.

I did not know you could put several apache servers and a mysql, I currently have apache in one and mysql in another, the greatest load was taken by mysql, so now both are in an excellent load.

I am going to investigate having several Apache servers, I see it interesting, I pay frankly little for the VPS that I contract, I manage them, I have removed cPanel licenses and I have considerable savings, I manage them so I would not mind hiring one more to have 2 apaches (even temporarily to test) with which I save licenses, I can pay another server more and try. I found it very interesting ...

As always, thank you Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The instructions on database replication can be found here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6...ion-howto.html

I don't think most vBulletin sites actually need this or think it would provide a performance boost unless you manage your own servers and they are on their own network switch. Certainly if you have thousands of visitors online at a time, it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, you'll probably get more performance with multiple web servers and a single database server in the background (still on the same network switch).

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Hi Wayne,
    Sorry for delay in my reply.
    Yes, from what I have read it is, mysql master in one and the slave in another, being able to be used both for backup and for, in case of large sites and an advanced configuration for it, to be able to "balance" and configure reads in one and another. When the slave "falls" for whatever reason, a record remains and when she is online again, she replicates from where she left off.
    At the moment, my site is not that big, although I have noticed an improvement in the load on the server dedicating a single server to mysql and the other to apache. I have noticed that connection latency, but it is not considerably significant.
    Thanks for the clarification, I did not know I could do it with vbulletin, perhaps when the database grows more I will consider it, for now, having a server for mysql and another for apache, I have noticed a lot of improvement in server load.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The "slave" database is indeed a replication of the master. This would generally not be done on a "localhost" but when MySQL is on two or more separate machines. You can run one or more slave databases for reading information on large sites. All data would be written to the master and then MySQL replicates behind the scenes to other servers in the cluster. Implementing this and maintaining this setup is considered advanced. Due to potential read/write latency issues, the usefulness may vary.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    You can use a database on a different server as long as that server allows remote MySQL connections. This site uses a database on a server different from the web servers. You can use SMTP email servers on different servers provided the connection is allowed. All of the vBulletin Cloud sites do this. To be honest, vBulletin doesn't actually care where the database server or the SMTP server is located. The connections are made via PHP and the networking system above vBulletin. It just sends out a command to connect and then PHP will tell it if it was successful or not. PHP is limited by your operating system and web server configuration.

Try using the mail server's IP address to connect instead of a domain name.
    Wayne Luke, I can solved this, not the problem with the config...like I was contract a new VPS...problem with my provider...

About remote connections...fantastic... I don't know for what reasson I was think that isn't possible...in this lasts days, like now have 3 servers for the site, I configured mysql in other server than them main server.
    For this, in config.php file, I was changed, in Master database server, I was change the "localhost" for the ip of my mysql server (I was configured for mysql server accept this connection).
    Fantastic!
    But...I view this in config.php:
    Code:
    /* #### SLAVE DATABASE CONFIGURATION ####
    If you have multiple database backends, this is the information for your slave
    server. If you are not 100% sure you need to fill in this information,
    do not change any of the values here. */
    $config['SlaveServer']['servername'] = '';
    $config['SlaveServer']['port'] = 3306;
    $config['SlaveServer']['username'] = '';
    $config['SlaveServer']['password'] = '';
    $config['SlaveServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;
    Slave database? Hum...very interesant...but this...can you solved my doubt? This function is for, one master database, and other for slave, this slave is replitacion of master database?

Thanks and regards!

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Thanks for your reply Wayne,

You can use a database on a different server as long as that server allows remote MySQL connections. This site uses a database on a server different from the web servers. You can use SMTP email servers on different servers provided the connection is allowed. All of the vBulletin Cloud sites do this. To be honest, vBulletin doesn't actually care where the database server or the SMTP server is located. The connections are made via PHP and the networking system above vBulletin. It just sends out a command to connect and then PHP will tell it if it was successful or not. PHP is limited by your operating system and web server configuration.

Try using the mail server's IP address to connect instead of a domain name.
    I was thinking, erroneously, that it could not connect to a remote database, if possible, maybe it will, although I have to solve the mail problem first.

I understand everything you tell me, that's why I'm surprised that I can't connect, I'll take your last line where you say that the problem may reside in php, I'll review that more thoroughly, although the ideas begin to run out on me

I have managed to send, through port 25 and not encryption (not ssl or tls) but to a user with an email account of the same domain as my website (to my user specifically), if I send to a gmail user, I will not It arrives (not spam or anything), but there was one thing that caught my attention and that does worry me:
    In the header of the mail, it indicates, mail received by hostname xxx (the hostname of my mail server) but instead it indicates sent by ip xxx (the ip of my webserver), and that is exactly what I do not want to leave. I do not want the ip of the webserver to appear, for that reason I divided into two servers, one for web, another for mail, so that the ip that sends the mails and is seen in the header is the ip of the mail server.
    This is what worries me the most ... because the connectivity with the mail server, sooner or later, I will solve it.

I have tried inserting the direct ip instead of the mail server (the name of the server) and indicating the ip exactly the same thing happens to me.

Like always, thank you!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X