How to configure mail server on another server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Wayne,
    I think the same, I don't think I need to use replicas of the database, that must be very specific sites, in my case, I don't have thousands an hour. If you notice, as I mentioned, the difference in server load when I separated apache from mysql, there is a little lag, but insignificant (they are not in the same switch but they are very close, same provider).

Maybe to learn, it's worth reading, it's what I did these days, but I will not do tests using my forum ... hehehe.

I did not know you could put several apache servers and a mysql, I currently have apache in one and mysql in another, the greatest load was taken by mysql, so now both are in an excellent load.

I am going to investigate having several Apache servers, I see it interesting, I pay frankly little for the VPS that I contract, I manage them, I have removed cPanel licenses and I have considerable savings, I manage them so I would not mind hiring one more to have 2 apaches (even temporarily to test) with which I save licenses, I can pay another server more and try. I found it very interesting ...

As always, thank you Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by gnrx View Post
      I did not know you could put several apache servers and a mysql, I currently have apache in one and mysql in another, the greatest load was taken by mysql, so now both are in an excellent load.
      This site uses multiple Apache virtual machines and a single MySQL server. vBulletin Cloud is similar but has different MySQL Servers for blocks of sites.

As always, thank you Wayne.
      You're welcome.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

If it is not too much to ask...
        I followed your advice, I am currently balancing apache with different servers and a real wonder! I had not fallen, thought about it and ... I am delighted !!

However, I am looking at the slave database issue, to have a backup of the database.
        Whenever I run the backup of the database, either by ssh or by cron, the time it takes to make the backup ... the site cannot be accessed, no error, it just stays in "loading". It is as if the mysqldump "stopped" the database ...

That is why I was thinking about the option of configuring a slave database, to have it as a possible backup.

I've read a lot on the internet, you have to configure the master server, the slave server ... I still get a bit confused, but what "distracts" me the most is that, in the config.php we also have a section to configure the database slave.

So I understand that, once the master server and slave server have been configured with their configurations in /etc/my.cnf, then we must add the data of the slave database in the config.php with the slave user and password?

As always, thank you very much and ....
        The year that we have been, much more than ever, the best for next year !!
        Hug!

Comment

You only need to set the slave database in your /core/includes/config.php if you want vBulletin to read from that database. If you plan on doing all your reads and writes from the master database then it doesn't need to be set. MySQL should still handle the replication to create a backup database and backup logs.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne!

If I understand well, only need to set the slave database in my /core/includes/config.pp, is than easy?
            But you indicate:
            "if you want to read from that database".

If I config/set my slave database in config.php, vbulletin only read?

Then, the new info, is written in master database, but...how is written in slave database?

Mi iddea is this, create slave "like" backup, if vbulletin can read from this, perfect, but its necessary the slave have the new dates from master.

Sorry if I said something obvious, it is something "new" for me ...

Regarding apache balancing, this is just to get your opinion:
            I have 3 apaches pointing to the same database, I have balanced it from cloudflare indicating the 3 ip's of the Apaches servers.
            I thought about this option since, the other option was:
            Having a server, it would swing to the other servers, but if it falls, they all fall.
            (this is just to know your opinion)

As always thank you very much!

Comment

vBulletin writes to the Master and reads from the Slave. MySQL's replication will copy the data from Master to Slave(s) independently of vBulletin.

Here is an overview of how replication works: What is MySQL Replication and How Does It Work? | DBA Diaries

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                vBulletin writes to the Master and reads from the Slave. MySQL's replication will copy the data from Master to Slave(s) independently of vBulletin.

Here is an overview of how replication works: What is MySQL Replication and How Does It Work? | DBA Diaries
                Ok, understand.
                If config the config.php file, then, vbulletin read in slave and writte in master, ok.
                But I need some config for "transfer" the new dates from master to slave, for this, I need configure mysql for work for master-slave, Its possible think option that MySQL's replication, true?

Thanks.

Comment

You would use MySQL's replication to copy data from master to slave. They have documentation on how to do this on their site and there are probably a 1000 tutorials.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne,
                    If all is correct, MySQL replicate to copy, and config.php read from replicate.

Well in the 1000 searches some type I made wrong, but a very wrong.....

I try to disabled all changes in my.cnf but the problem continue, if I go to my site, redirect to install folder ???

In phpmyadmin indicate the tables "In use" if I try to repair or other similar always indicate, tables doesnt exist in engine

I'm in a very, very hurry ... I don't know what to do ...

Comment

At last I was able to solve it, I do not know the cause that caused the failure in the database, I had a backup of the database just before I started, but it would not even let me restore it, I suppose some table lock command or ... no I know ... so many things I looked at ...

So I reestablished a snap of this server from 3 days ago and after that, I was able to restore my database backup and return everything to normal.

I am scared to try again, I have looked at manuals but apparently ... or I did not look well or there is something wrong ...

I understand that the best option, mysql write to slave and vbulletin read from said slave, we balance resources.

I have seen in the zip of vbulletin a database backup script, maybe this won't stop the site when I do the backup, any thread about it?

As always thank you very much!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X