Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Trying to bring 4.2 Forum Back Online

Hello.

It's been quite some time since I've been here and posted, but as the title states, I'm trying to revive an old vBulletin 4.2 site, which at one time was pretty active.

Before I shut it down and parted ways with the host I made a home directory backup. I'm thinking it's been at least 2, maybe 3, years since the site was live.

So, I have VPS Server available with cPanel / WHM and my plan was to just add the domain, downgrade the PHP to 5.4.X and restore the home backup that I have.

No sure if I'm in over my head, but have tried this multiple times now and can not get it to all work as it did in the past.

Any suggestions? I would be willing to compensate someone to assist in getting the site back up and running.

We would need more information on the actual problem.

What actually happens, error messages etc.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      We would need more information on the actual problem.

What actually happens, error messages etc.
      Ya, I kinda figured that and should have taken screen shots of errors.

I just did a rebuild of the server and starting fresh as I made tons of changes and maybe even made things worse....

What version of of php do you recommend I install. FYI, I also have PhotoPost 7.01 integrated.

Comment

Originally posted by BWilliams View Post
        Ya, I kinda figured that and should have taken screen shots of errors.

I just did a rebuild of the server and starting fresh as I made tons of changes and maybe even made things worse....

What version of of php do you recommend I install. FYI, I also have PhotoPost 7.01 integrated.
        The highest you can run the software on. In the case of vBulletin 4.2.5 that is php 7.1.

However, if you have third party add-ons, you may be best with php 5.6 as many add-ons broke in php 7.

It should be stressed, both php 5.6 and php 7.1 are no longer supported by php and should be considered potentially insecure.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X