No announcement yet.

a bug when editing a message (vb 4.2.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] a bug when editing a message (vb 4.2.5)

hello

a few days ago, when i edit a message i got a small bug (see capture), you have to click a second time to access the advanced editor.
    ps: I did not make any modification, and this problem exists on all styles including the default style
    Thank you for your help

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/31/kp94.png

In addition to not supporting newer versions of PHP, vBulletin 4.X has older JavaScript. Browsers aren't required to continue supporting this old code.

Looks like a rendering error. What browser is being used here?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• winky8300
      winky8300 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for your reply
      I tried firefox and chrome (both browsers are up to date) and it's the same problem.
      what would be the solution in your opinion?

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    In addition to not supporting newer versions of PHP, vBulletin 4.X has older JavaScript. Browsers aren't required to continue supporting this old code.

Looks like a rendering error. What browser is being used here?
    thank you for your reply
    I tried firefox and chrome (both browsers are up to date) and it's the same problem.
    what would be the solution in your opinion?

Comment

If you open the developer tools, are there any errors listed on the console tab? You would have to open the page, open the developer tools in your browse, then reload the page by pressing F5 to see any potential errors.

Wayne Luke

Comment

hello again ,
        i did exactly like you said about the console of the developer tools of my browser
        and i found this error :

ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=425:138 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated
        because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

Comment

More of a message and not an error. deprecated functionality should still function but may not in the future.

What specific browser version are you using?
          Do you have custom CSS on the site?

Wayne Luke

Comment

hello

Hello
            I use the updated mozilla firefox browser and I have the same problem with updated chrome too
            I use custom css in my style but I've never had this kind of bug before, and I have the same bug on the default style that I didn't customize.

Comment

I don't have access to a vBulletin 4.2.5 installation locally. It will not run on my Linux installation. You'll have to open a support ticket with server and AdminCP access so someone can take a look and try to recreate the issue.

Wayne Luke

Comment

ok, thank you very much Wayne Luke, and thank you for taking the trouble to answer me every time.

Comment