X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook connect

Hi.

I have activated Facebook connect.

I have enter Facebook Application ID and Facebook secret number.

But when I try to login by Facebook, I get this message:

Invalid Scopes: publish_actions, user_about_me, user_birthday, user_likes, user_website, user_location, user_work_history. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs...in/permissions

How I can activate Facebook connect?

Thanks.

In vBulletin 4 Facebook Connect is unlikely to work.

vBulletin 4 has been end of life for several years and is no longer being developed. Meanwhile Facebook have made many changes to the way this works.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You can try editing /clientscript/vbulletin_facebook.js and removing the invalid scopes from the code below:

Code:
          this.loginscope = {
              scope: "public_profile,email,publish_actions,user_about_me,user_birthday,user_likes,user_website, user_location,user_work_history"
          };
      This file is shipped in a compressed format. You can download uncompressed Javascript by selecting "More Download Options" in the Member's Area when downloading the software. Just be aware that uncompressed Javascript can affect performance.

Or you can use an editor to convert it into a human readable format. I use Microsoft Visual Studio Code and its Beautify extension to look at code like this.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 21 Jul '20, 11:47am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

By upgrading to VB version 5, it could be solved Facebook connect problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Facebook Connect works in vBulletin 5. It also attempts to automatically upgrade to new versions of the Facebook API as necessary.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X