Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysqldump issues

Hi

Each week I run the mysqldump to back up and download and keep a local copy of my database.

I have just ran this and the following error now comes up mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces

It seems reading CPanel website that this is due to the last update

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/cp...update.675657/

As a complete novice to this can you tell me how I get my weekly backups to work again?

I did follow that link on the CPanel forum and added the --no-tablespaces part to the end of the script and it works with out error. I also notice that even when the error does appear without the --no-tablespaces the database does create a file the same size...

Do I need to add the --no-tablespaces or just ignore the error as it appears the backup file is created.

Stuart

This is outside the scope of vBulletin support as it is to do with the server, not the vBulletin software.

The best people to advise on server matters are your hosts.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply..

I was more concerned if I ever needed to restore from this local copy of my database, the server backs up each day, it was does vbulletin need this tablespaces

Comment

Originally posted by stuarttunstall View Post
        Thank you for the prompt reply..

I was more concerned if I ever needed to restore from this local copy of my database, the server backs up each day, it was does vbulletin need this tablespaces
        If you have a valid backup you can always restore in theory.

However in practice this is again a server operation, not a vBulletin operation. We can't advise on your server as we don't know its specific configuration and set up.

Again it's best to ask your hosts these questions - they know your server set up better than anyone.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by stuarttunstall View Post
          As a complete novice to this can you tell me how I get my weekly backups to work again?
          I use a bash script, running by cron. Just insert username and password from any database superuser, create DUMPDIR (chmod 0755) and insert names of databases needs to dump. Script has to be executable by root (chmod 0700).

Script dumpdb.sh:

Code:
          #!/bin/sh

DBUSER=*****
          DBPASS=*****
          DBLIST='db1 db2 db3 ...'
          DUMPDIR=/root/backups/
          DATE=`date +%y%m%d%H`

for DB in $DBLIST
          do

DBASEFILE=$DUMPDIR$DB$DATE.sql
          mysqldump -u $DBUSER -p$DBPASS $DB > $DBASEFILE
          chmod 0700 $DBASEFILE
          gzip $DBASEFILE

done

# Delete files older than five days
          find $DUMPDIR -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \;

exit 0;
          Cronjob:

Code:
          0 */6 * * * /root/dumpdb.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
          Works fine. Dumps every six hours automatically.

Comment

Reading the topic you linked to, the hosting provider needs to allow access to the Process permission for INFORMATION_SCHEMA. This is where all the table information is stored. You would need this if you want your database backup to include drop and create functionality for the tables. Otherwise, it would just contain the data and you would need to create the tables through another means.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you Wayne, I will pass this on to them now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X